Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Custom RGB LEDs

Posted by Rlewisrlou666 
Custom RGB LEDs
October 21, 2016 02:05PM
Hi Guys and Girls,

I know this has already been done I'm just wondering if there is a way to fully customise a LED system.

I want to have status colours for each job.

Powering up/ Auto Leveling/ Heating extruder/ Heating Bed/ Printing plus if at all possible to flash if running in to problems.

Thanks Ryan.

Out of the box thinking is easier when you never fitted in the box to begin with. smiling smiley
Re: Custom RGB LEDs
August 01, 2018 01:04AM
The simple answer is no, but you can get some mosfest and connect them up to some spare channels on your duet and then write Gcode for the that channel to change the PWM output to then change the RGB colours. Just make sure you get ones that work off a 3.3v signal.
VDX
Re: Custom RGB LEDs
August 01, 2018 02:58AM
... I've done this with the M42 command - e.g. "M42 P25 S255", "M42 P27 S0", "M42 P29 S255" on three output pins to switch the RGB LED's to green ( P25/P27/P29 = R/G/B ) - or any other combination for the other colurs -- here a sample for the "simpler" colour selection (could be full RGB range with PWM):

This is a screenshot showing the user buttons while testing - then I've programmed modules to switch the RGB-LED's with changing status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2018 03:00AM by VDX.

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login