Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Board with LPC1768 and five tmc2209

Posted by DocRaptor 
Board with LPC1768 and five tmc2209
August 27, 2020 07:19AM
Hi everyone,
after my first design (https://reprap.org/forum/read.php?159,867970), which is running in some of my printers, I started a new design base on a lot of parts from my first design (Powerregulators and Mosfets, these worked fine), but this time I gona use the LPC1768 instead of the STM32F103, even so I really like the STM32F103, but Marlin starts to annoying me. Marlin needs to be recompiled for every change on the printer. So I decided to made a new version with the LPC1768, because it is supported by most firmwares (Marlin, RepRapFirmware, Smoothiware), but also I put five tmc2209 on the board.
EXP3 and the SPI-Header can be used for an ESP8266 module for wlan in RepRapFirmware, but I don't know if these are enough pins (and the correct pins) or the EXP1 and EXP2 header also needed to be used. I uploaded the files to my Github (https://github.com/Doc-Raptor/dragon_controller_v2) with the schematic in pdf form so you can see it and maybe even give some feedback. The PCB-Layout is in the working so it is better just to look at the schematic.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2020 07:20AM by DocRaptor.
Re: Board with LPC1768 and five tmc2209
August 27, 2020 02:40PM
There's a port of RepRapFirmware for STM processors now.

The 64K RAM of the LPC processors is rather limiting for RepRapFirmware, and also for Smootheware I understand if you want to include both networking and some other features such as least squares delta calibration.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2020 03:15PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 28, 2020 10:06AM
Thanks for the information for the stm32 port. I looked it up. It is relative new so there could be some bugs (in the lpc port could be also some bugs, but a lot should be removed by now). When I made this board I could make version of this one with a STM32F4 mcu.
September 12, 2020 10:14PM
Doc Raptor how are you fixing the memory process issue? Is there a way to add memory to the LPC1768 and allow more than 2 processes so it can run a complete RRF firmware port without any restriction?
January 12, 2021 04:00AM
Crunch69
Doc Raptor how are you fixing the memory process issue? Is there a way to add memory to the LPC1768 and allow more than 2 processes so it can run a complete RRF firmware port without any restriction?

I didn't made anything with RRF, because I have problems with the LPC1768. I tried to used its internal serial bootloader, but it doesn't work (I don't have any specific tools for nxp microcontroller). I wanted to ask in my lokal hackerspaces, but because of corona they are all closed. So I put the project for now on ice and have started to work on something else, which I will publish in the next days.
January 12, 2021 04:20AM
" internal serial bootloader, but it doesn't work"

odd, its worked for me a number of time to restore sd card bootloaders

take a look at [reprap.org]
Maybe you can find a clue as to whats going wrong.
January 21, 2021 05:56AM
Dust
" internal serial bootloader, but it doesn't work"

odd, its worked for me a number of time to restore sd card bootloaders

take a look at [reprap.org]
Maybe you can find a clue as to whats going wrong.

I tried that for days. I even removed the resistor R19, which briged P2.10 and P2.11 for the Z-axis stepper driver, soldered a button from P2.10 and and ground on capacitor C48 (it was the best near point to solder to ground), but nothing. When I looked on an osciloscope the uart signals, when I want to flash it with a ftdi232 and flash magic, there is just a very small dip on one of the lines and thats it. Whats weird is that both uart lines are always around 2.44v. There are a lot of other pins with always around 2.44v and some others with 0v. I have two of these board made, both have a mcu, voltage regulator and most of the passive stuff, but there are no mosfets in the moment (exept for the one for the usb line) and no stepper driver ics (I wanted to add them, when the mcu works), and both show the same behavior.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login