Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

silent 30mm fan?

Posted by Arved 
silent 30mm fan?
March 02, 2017 02:03PM
hey there!

My printer is right on my desk, so I want it to be as quiet as possible. Therefore I use 40mm Noiseblocker fans for part cooling, which are inaudible, compared to the E3Dv6's 30mm cooling fan, which is the the printer's loudest part.

does anyone know some 30mm fans which are really quiet? I know it's hard because they are so tiny and still have to move enough air, but I'd be glad if anyone would know something.

thanks!
Re: silent 30mm fan?
February 25, 2018 01:02PM
I have searched a lot and didn't find anything so I printed a 40mm fan shroud and replaced the 30mm fan with a silent 40mm one.

Self-sourced Mendelmax 2.0-based Reprap Machine -- Ramps 1.4 & Mega 2560 -- DRV8825 (Z@1A, [email protected], [email protected], E@1A) -- genuine E3D v6 direct setup -- 350W custom silicone heated bed -- ABS 1,75mm -- Marlin 1.1.0-RC7 -- Cura 15.04.6
May 23, 2018 03:47PM
If you go whit a shroud, i would use this 15db 40mm fan from Noctua.

Replaced the 4 Papst fans in my two network switches, and thy went from a real loud high pitch sound, to inaudible, and even slightly cooling better.

And if you have the space, print you shroud in a funnel way, so you have more flow and less turbulence/noise
August 01, 2018 12:33AM
A silent fan equals no airflow, the people changing out the fans for the 40mm noctua fans are significantly dropping the cooling on the heatsink and you often see them start having "clogging" problems as these fans have have Zero static pressure which results in very little cooling when you try to compress the air into the 30mm fan shroud.

Do yourself a favor and put up with the noise or place a foam box over the printer to shield the sound.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login