Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper missing steps

Posted by tncheck 
Stepper missing steps
March 19, 2012 11:11PM
Hello all,

I am running a prusa mendel with sanguiololu 1.3a controls. I recently wanted to switch one of my axis steppers to a more powerful stepper, and I seem to be running into a few issues. Originally I had a 4 wire stepper 1.8 rev per step, and I was going to replace that with a 6 wire stepper motor with the same 1.8 rev per step, but it was at a slightly lower current. So I disregarded the two common wires on my 6 wire stepper, found the two pairs and hooked it up. It runs almost perfect, except after a while of printing it looses its spot and then get off by about 30 steps. This is the stepper I am trying to use. I have tired flipping polarity and those sort of things, but still on a larger part it suddenly looses its spot. I am using marlin firmware. I should note that on smaller parts it seems to do fine, for instance on a 20 20mm cube.

Anybody have any thoughts?

CNC ROUTER ROBOT REPRAP MAKERBOT

These are nice 6 wire 1.8 degree stepper motors.

Type 103H5208-0842 or -1241 or -0841
Re: Stepper missing steps
March 20, 2012 07:19AM
Current and motor diameter are the two paramters which influence tourque most. So, if your new motor has the same size and is satisfied with less current, it's not more, but less "powerful".

Generation 7 Electronics Teacup Firmware RepRap DIY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login