Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

my stepper motors are not stepping

Posted by raiyans 
my stepper motors are not stepping
October 15, 2014 03:23AM
Hi everyone.

I am building a rostock printer. I have bought my self a Megatronics board. I connected it to a power supply which provides a 10V voltage. I uploaded the MegatronicsTest Firmware to the board. Unplugged the USB cable and made sure that the power is provided by the power supply not the USB. The light are lighting as they should be. The motors how ever are not turning. I am using A4988 drivers and Wantai motors.
The motors are connected in the following way: Red Blue Green Black from left to right.

Has anybody and idea of what I should do to fix this issue?!
Re: my stepper motors are not stepping
October 15, 2014 04:10AM
color codes on stepper mean less that the word of a politician!

Steppers are two coils, you need to find which two wire are connected as one coil. make it so pin 1 and 2 and one coil and pins 3 and 4 are the second coil.
October 15, 2014 04:46AM
yep..that is exactly what I did. I made sure of the coils by using the turning test. when I shorted the red and the blue, turning the motor was harder. hmmm
October 15, 2014 04:54AM
IS the order of the pins of the motors also the same for the Megatroincs V2 board? I am aware that is how they are supposed to be connected in V3 so I assumed it is also the case for v2.
October 16, 2014 11:27PM
Dust
color codes on stepper mean less that the word of a politician!
I disagree, on the reason the color codes on steppers may have a (small) chance to be true. Comparing steppers to politicians is giving steppers a bad name smiling smiley
October 23, 2014 12:08PM
Issue solved..was using 5V supply which was not enough to spin the motors smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login