Stepper motor doesn't work
January 06, 2015 08:53AM
Hi,
I have some problem with my stepper motor. Some background:
Prusa i2
Marlin
Pronterface
Arduino mega clone + ramps 1.4 + stepstick
First I download marlin and begin to test in pronterface, but motor doesn't turn. It vibrate and make different noise. Then I use ramps test code. Motor began to turn but sometimes it stop, it seems to me like something blocked it( I didn't attached motor to printer.)I have tried different curent by pot.
Anyone know how to solve that problem?
Re: Stepper motor doesn't work
January 06, 2015 10:31AM
Update: I managed to use motor with test codesmiling smiley, but in marlin it doesn't work. It turn when I command 0.1, but in bigger value, like 10, only noise.
January 21, 2015 01:12AM
hi friends,

the stepper motor need 5amp...

if a 11amps is given to the stepper motor wat wil hapn to the motor does it work or? thumbs upthumbs down
January 24, 2015 01:37AM
karagad

lower your feed rates. default feed rates in pronterface are far to fast, and you havent set feed rate max's in the firmware yet to tell it to ignore overly fast feed rate requests.

jeeva djiva

Amps are pulled not pushed. Thats what the variabe resistor on the pololu sets, how much amps its allowed to pull.
If you set it to high the driver wil over heat and shutdown, or if it way to high they can die.
December 10, 2015 01:21AM
It turn when I command 0.1, but in bigger value, like 10, only noise.[/quote]

0.1 what is this ? where it is in marlin ?
December 10, 2015 02:44AM
@karagad what actually "command 0.1" means ? where this value is in the marlin ? please help !!
December 10, 2015 07:47AM
Hi, it is from pronterface. 0.1 mean "to move 0.1 mm."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login