Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper motor wont turn

Posted by bonze77 
Stepper motor wont turn
July 15, 2015 06:59PM
One of my stepper motors for a 3D printer just vibrates and doesn't turn, it used to though.

[www.banggood.com]

I have tried swapping the connection, changing the step stick but doesn't work.
I have also taken it out of the printer.

Any help appreciated.
Re: Stepper motor wont turn
July 15, 2015 07:17PM
If the same stepstick and cable work on a different motor, then I suggest you take the faulty motor apart and look for a broken wire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2015 07:18PM by dc42.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 17, 2015 11:19AM
I ordered new step sticks which came today but still the same problem. Using a volt meter testing the coil pares there is continuity. I now believe it might be the ramps board as now both x and y don't work, these are what i was switching around to test. When i turn the printer on the x motor (y is disconnected) is humming, is locked unlike the other motors and when on pronerface i press "Motors Off" nothing happens to it (it also doesn't move).

Also I have changed the arduino.
July 18, 2015 01:35PM
Solved angry smiley

It was a firmware problem -_-

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders
December 09, 2015 05:15AM
bonze77
Solved angry smiley

It was a firmware problem -_-

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
#define X_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 0
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 0
#define E_ENABLE_ON 0 // For all extruders

hey, are you sure about this ? because, my marlin have same code which you written here, but still motor doesn't move !! sad smiley help
December 09, 2015 11:33AM
For me it was just the code.

If one motor works you could try the other motors in that slot to see if the motor isn't working or if it is something else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login