Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z and Y axis stop mid print, now won't move

Posted by coffeecup 
Z and Y axis stop mid print, now won't move
December 19, 2015 03:08PM
Hey,

I purchased an i3 kit about 6 months ago from SemiU and slowly have been building it. After some delays with some personal issues today I got my first print off it! Very happy! (a little robot that came in Cura) I then decided I wanted to see if I could print a gear heart. I set it all up. About 1hr into the print all the axis stopped moving. My computer screen went black and then came back. I couldn't get the printer to pause the process, nor could I over ride and pronterface wasn't showing any readings.

I turned everything off and restarted. Connected to the printer and all I can do it move the X axis and extrude. When I hit home the only axis to move is the X. The Z is stuck at home position and the Y is roughly in the middle.

Does anyone have any idea what could have caused this? I feel like I've been teased with my first print then I'm not allowed anymore! Haha.

The kit came set up with Marlin pre installed which means I didn't have to configure anything. All I did was pop it together and go so I am bit lost as to what to do next.

Edit: After moving the stepper driver from X to Z it moved up once, now it is just making a very loud buzzing noise. The bed has since moved but very inconstantly. The X axis now vibrates but doesn't move.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/19/2015 03:22PM by coffeecup.
Re: Z and Y axis stop mid print, now won't move
December 20, 2015 04:11AM
Did you adjust the Vref potmeter on the drivers?
-Olaf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login