Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EAD lh2322-p300a13

Posted by rkoeppl 
EAD lh2322-p300a13
December 15, 2010 02:02PM
Hi All!
I just got my XY table for the first generation of the ZornStrap from ebay. It was salvaged from an unknown machine ans is equipped with EAD lh 2322 Steppers. They are labeled EAD lh2322-p300a13 and have 8 wires atached. The question is - how do I connect them to Gen6 electronics. From what I found they shoukd be within the specifications of the drivers. The data i found about the LH2322series does not list that special version, and lists 4 or 6 connectors instead of 8 but mentions that 8 are available on request. Could anyone help me please with wiring the steppers?
I would not like to replace them if possible because the table is complete with belt drive, pulleyes and so on.
Re: EAD lh2322-p300a13
December 15, 2010 05:44PM
December 15, 2010 07:19PM
Thank you!
So if I understand it right, these steppers have four coils. All datasheets I have found of the lh2322 series I have found mention that the system can be run bipolar. However i can not find the exact model i have here. Most probably it has been custom made for the producer of said table. So according to reprap.org I would have to find out, which two coils match up. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
VDX
December 17, 2010 05:22PM
... if all the wires are aranged in a row i'll guess you can shorten the wires 2+3 and 6+7 (irrelevant from which direction) and use 1 + 4 as coil A and 5 + 8 as coil B.

If you have only a round cable (or the guess above won't work) you'll have to try - first identify the corresponding pairs by measuring resistance (should be some Ohms), then try with connecting two coils in serie (the other two too) and check if you can run the motor ... if it's only humming, then you have to change the orientation and combination of the coils, until you'll get correct movement ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 29, 2010 07:25PM
Resistance of a coil is 0,8 Ohm, they are arranged in pairs. i have it running now using the first pair as coil A and the last pair as coil B while leaving the others unconnected. not sure what wiring that would represent, but as long as it works that is of minor concern. i can always rewire them later. Now I have to adjust the firmware to represent the direction and the number of steps per millimeter correctly. The ICs driving the Steppers will get additional heatsinks just to be sure.
February 05, 2011 01:50AM
I have them now wired up correctly:
If you want to use the full potential of these steppers with a gen6 you need to change the wiring in the following way:
yellow/white goes to black, brown goes to blue, red goes to red and black goes to green.
black/white connects to yellow, red/white to brown/white.
Hope that helps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login