Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder working but not XYZ

Posted by Soundtrackzz 
extruder working but not XYZ
January 18, 2018 04:59PM
Hello. I recently completed putting together a prusa i3 with RAMPS 1.4. I loaded it with the reprap test code found at (http://reprap.org/wiki/File:RAMPS1.4_TestCode.pde) everything works fine and all the motors move back and forth some. When I load it with Marlin firmware I am only able to make the extruder motor move. XYZ do not move and simply make noise. I am using Pronterface to run test commands. Any help would be appreciated and please assume I am stupid. Thank you
Re: extruder working but not XYZ
January 18, 2018 08:53PM
"assume I am stupid" OK smiling smiley

the main different from the test firmware and the real firmware that can stop movement is the end stops

If the controller thinks the end stop is triggered It will not move in that direction.

Connect up the printer to a computer running pronterface or some other control program.
Send the printer a M119 command. It will display the end stop status as seen by the controller.

They should say triggered only when the axis is touching the end stop.

NB disconnected end stops are by default are triggered (a safety feature so that the machine notices the disconnected end stop)
Also you need to have the motherboard set correctly to your hardware in your firmware.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login