Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nema 17 are not moving

Posted by akilesh 
Nema 17 are not moving
July 25, 2020 09:34AM
Hi guys i am using nema 17 motor for my 3d printer stepper driver are A9488 with power supply of 12v 30A
Using ramps 1.4 and marlin firmware. My motor are not moving I don't know why can some help me
Re: Nema 17 are not moving
July 25, 2020 10:13AM
not without seeing your config files. Paste your config files somewhere (like pastebin.com) and link to them in a reply.

And pictures of how you have it plugged together and powered might also help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2020 10:14AM by Dust.
July 25, 2020 11:19AM
[pastebin.com] this is the link i check motor and wiring all are good and also input voltage but my motor isn't connected is not moving i can rotate it with hand.
Thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2020 11:20AM by akilesh.
July 25, 2020 12:48PM
What about SOFTWARE_DRIVER_ENABLE in Configuration_adv.h?

this should be commented out as you have dedicated enable pins.
July 25, 2020 01:46PM
Hi bro now i got new problem in control board is not getting connecting to computer but light is in blinking i tired with pronterface to connect the board it show error timeout its not showing the com6 port. Today morning it works good after some time the control board is not working and also the reprap display. When i connect to laptop it work when i unplug it and ON the power supply display is not working.And also i can't upload new configuration setup because of this problem.In arduino compiler the error show timeout communicating with programmer . I have no idea what to do .CAN YOU HELP OUT.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2020 02:22PM by akilesh.
July 26, 2020 12:05AM
The voltage regulator on the mega has died. this is what generates 5v from 12v
July 26, 2020 04:44AM
What should i do change the board or any other way
July 27, 2020 09:17AM
Bro i got new arduino mega board but still the motor are not working. Arduino and display worksgood now. You have any idea bro.
July 27, 2020 09:49AM
still need images to see how you have set things up

One thing to try is ramps basic test firmware. RAMPS test firmware
This requires zero configuration and moves all steppers and toggles the mosfets. (so remove any heaters)

if steppers move with this test firmware, your issue its a firmware issue. If they don't, you have a hardware issue.

Other things to check.

You should have 3 jumper under each stepper drivers to set the micro stepping to 1/16.
You need external 12v on the 5amp ramps plug for the steppers to move. (12v 11amp plug is only for heated bed)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2020 09:53AM by Dust.
July 27, 2020 01:17PM
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
[ibb.co]
These are the photos of my printer i am building gantry type 3d printer for printing ceramic material and i also connect the jumper pins and tried with the test code motors are not moving then it should be hardware problem. I have no idea is ramps board problem or stepper driver problem. Arduino mega is good I bought it new one so the problem. I thing problem will be ramps or stepper driver what should i do bro (help me out)
Thanks

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2020 02:18PM by akilesh.
July 27, 2020 02:16PM
Thats a serious rats nest!

check you stepper driver wireing. unplug the a stepper motor cable from the controller.
Set a multi-meter to continuity.

Probe the stepper motor black plug, check for continuity from blue to red and from black to green through the motor. These are the two coils.
July 27, 2020 02:47PM
I check the stepper motor wiring all are good beep sound comes any idea bro
July 28, 2020 12:23AM
The only thing left is dead stepper drivers.
July 28, 2020 01:30AM
How do i check the stepper driver and what about ramps board i thing so problem is ramps board. Help me out
July 29, 2020 05:42AM
run the ramps test firmware

check all the stepper driver input pins and voltages.
use -ve probe of meter on -ve plug on power supply (do not use --ve on d8,d9 or d10, they are special)

This is how the stepper module is wired on a ramps.

pick one stepper driver say X.and Check all these

Down left side.

Check enable pin is 0v
ms1, 2 and 3 can be ignored, they wont stop all movement. (sets microstepping)
reset and sleep pins check these are high
step should be pulsing between 0v and 5v
direction should be pulsing between 0v and 5v, but much slower than step

Down right side

Check vmot is 12v
check vmot gnd is 0v (and check it has continuity to gnd)
pins 2a,2b,1a,1b are complicated signals out to the stepper motors, ignore them for now.
Check vdd is 5v
check vdd gnd is 0v (and check it has continuity to gnd)

If all these are correct. you have dead stepper driver. If they aren't you need to look at your ramps.
July 29, 2020 11:19AM
Bro thanks sooooo much for your finally the motors are moving i bought new stepper driver i connected it all works good thanks for help anyway i will check the old stepper driver thanks sooo much for your help after 1 week i achieve because of you.
Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login