Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SKR 1.4 turbo with M542

Posted by spaceman 
SKR 1.4 turbo with M542
March 17, 2021 03:15PM
I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting steppers to work with external drivers? My machine has been printing for 10 years now with a Ramps 1.4 setup and the same M542. I tried upgrading my machine to an SKR 1.4 Turbo board but cannot get it to communicate with the M542. Any info that anyone has would be helpful.
Re: SKR 1.4 turbo with M542
March 17, 2021 10:07PM
normal issue is enable lines are high not low like most stepper drivers (depends how you wired it)

but try

// For Inverting Stepper Enable Pins (Active Low) use 0, Non Inverting (Active High) use 1
// :{ 0:'Low', 1:'High' }
#define X_ENABLE_ON 1
#define Y_ENABLE_ON 1
#define Z_ENABLE_ON 1
#define E_ENABLE_ON 1 // For all extruders
Re: SKR 1.4 turbo with M542
March 18, 2021 07:58AM
Thanks DUST, that is how I have them wired and is my config for Marlin 1.1.x. I copied that over to Marlin 2.0.x but got no movement.
After a lot of reading, I found info regarding the SKR 1.4 Turbo board that says the VCC for the stepper pins is only 3.3v.
I can only guess that this is where the problem is. If the M542 are not receiving the proper voltage, they won't know when
to pulse. I'm looking into using an empty pin that has known 5V, but I don't have enough info yet to feel confident in which
pin to use. If I find a solultion, I'll post back.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login