Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper driver selection

Posted by CptBlueberry 
Stepper driver selection
April 20, 2022 09:22AM
Dear forum users,

I once again have a question which requires your vast knowledge. For a project that I am currently working on I am using 2 Nema 23 stepper motors which run at 24V, 2Amp peak current per phase. I am currently looking to use a stepper driver to control these to implement movement along with the code I have written. However when looking on google for a suitable driver I am unable to find anything other than TB6600's stepper drivers. Now initially there is nothing wrong with them. However it turns out that they aren't actually using TB6600 drivers but infact use TB67S109AFTG.

Therefor I would like to ask if one of you has any experience driving a bit stronger steppermotors and could recommend me stepper drivers which I could use.

The stepper data that it will drive is the following:
- 2Amp/phase
- 24V
- max 1/32 microstepping (will probably use 1/8 or 1/16)
- RPM, no RPM has been set so far but I will definitely not go above 250 RPM.

Hopefully this data will be enough information to give me some recommandations

Thank you in advance.
Re: Stepper driver selection
May 06, 2022 11:06AM
The Duet 3 controller board could drive those motors directly without any additional heatsinking (though you would probably want to have a fan blowing on the board). The Duet ecosystem is under active development, has an active forum (primarily in English which helps some of us), and loads of online documentation.

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login