Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[closed] [UK] I need Wades extruder plastic parts

Posted by gordon13 
[closed] [UK] I need Wades extruder plastic parts
October 27, 2011 06:12AM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone in the UK had a printer and was able to print the wade extruder components for a reasonable price?
Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2011 06:37PM by gordon13.
Re: [UK] I need Wades extruder plastic parts
October 27, 2011 04:51PM
Ill do one for $15 + 12.50 postage. Is that reasonable?
I would suggest my hinged accessible extruder design: [www.thingiverse.com]
What hotend mounting option would you want?
October 27, 2011 05:02PM
Sounds very reasonable! Is it compatible with the electronics for the Wade extruder in this kit [mixshop.com] ?
October 28, 2011 09:05AM
That kit is pretty old-school. nichrome instead of resistor heat block. brass threaded into ptfe instead of all steel or peek/ptfe hybrid. You are likely to have problems with that (jamming at the ptfe brass interface, popping the nozzle out the ptfe). perhaps you should look at a makergear or a jhead?
October 28, 2011 09:24AM
Oh ok thanks for the advice. I mainly chose that one because it was cheap, but looking at the mkaergear one, its not too expensive either:
[www.makergear.com]

Am I right in thinking this includes everything needed for the extruder except the plastic parts?
October 28, 2011 04:07PM
no. That is the hotend only.
for the makergear hotend, you would also need the groovemount plate (you could make this yourself if you have some crafting skills).
You would also need 3 608 bearings, M4 mounting hardware. M3 screw for the idler hinge, a hobbed bolt, 45-50mm M3 screws for the idler. a small piece of smooth rod to hold the idler bearing in the idler and a partridge in a pear tree.

With the jhead, you wouldnt need the groovemount plate and assembling the hotend would be easier.
October 28, 2011 06:21PM
Hmm im starting to think it might be easier to get this complete kit as I dont have much experience (at the moment) and i dont want to make a mistake when tracking down individual parts.
Ive come across two products that seem good and come with everything I need:

[www.lulzbot.com]
[www.ebay.co.uk]
November 02, 2011 04:09PM
I sell extruders (natural ABS) for $20 plus shipping. PM me if you are interested.

Lindsay
fabbr.com
@fabbrshop
November 02, 2011 06:37PM
Sorry I have bought the parts. I eventually found a kit that contained the complete extruder with all bearings and bolts etc
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login