Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printrbot plastic parts request!

Posted by Maverick 
Printrbot plastic parts request!
February 19, 2012 03:23AM
I need the plastic parts for a printrbot (http://printrbot.com), with high accuracy and low price (don't we all want that). The data can be found at the following:

[www.thingiverse.com]
[www.thingiverse.com]

The 1st is the official list, the second is a combined print tray. I have tried to find out if the plastic parts for the extruder comes with the kit; no answer, so the 2nd site may not be as useful as the 1st (the tray apparently lacks the extruder parts.
Re: Printrbot plastic parts request!
February 25, 2012 08:00AM
Ditto,

Not to jack your thread, but I'm looking for the same thing and it seems a waste to post a new topic for this.

Printrbot parts, including version 2 parts, ABS preferred but anything is good.

Someone on eBay is selling them in beautiful high-quality at the time of this posting, but it's all version-1 parts and I'm not thrilled about the 85$ price.

Best of luck,
-Tom
February 25, 2012 08:48PM
No worries! I quite agree that the $85.00 is a bit much. I have one possible deal for ~$50.00, but I have a bit of a conundrum, namely that I do not know which parts come with the Reprapper's kit from the kickstarter campaign. On the thingiverse site (see above), he mentions 13 primary parts, but then references 5 "other printed parts," including 2 z couplers, 2 belt pulleys, and the extruder/hotend assembly. Once I know if we need 13 or 18 total parts (probably by actually getting the kit), I can pick the best deal for the price, and I'll put it here for you and anyone else. Thanks, and good luck!
February 25, 2012 11:54PM
It's a better choice to go with the machined aluminum couplers. Got mine for 8$ off eBay.

The belt pulleys will have to match the belt. You can use anything you want, but the original Printrbot uses XL belts. When you buy the belt you can also buy pulleys with it depending on your source.

The extruder is also something you can choose yourself. I got a Wades extruder off eBay for 50$, just need a hot-end. This is the same extruder that the original Printrbot is made with I believe.
March 02, 2012 04:00PM
Hello,

Still interested on buying a printrbot kit? I can offer you!

Regards
March 02, 2012 04:40PM
pikelo,
Yes, I and others are still interested. However, the requirements are as follows:

1. Complete set of plastic revision 2 parts, identical or better in quality than from the printrbot store.
2. They must include the four printed parts for the extruder, as well as the 2 z couplers and 2 belt pulleys required. 3. Basically, I need to add them to the Reprappers kit and then be able to build a printrbot. Since I cannot seem to get a complete answer from printrbot as to what exactly is not in the Reprappers kit that is in the full kit, I can only leave it to you to calculate.

Bill
March 04, 2012 08:00AM
FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED ON GET A PRINTRBOT FULL KIT:

[www.reprapturkiye.com]

[www.emakershop.com]

Probably the best prices that you can find online!

Regards,
Pikelo
March 09, 2012 04:05PM
I know www.MakerFarm.com has them around $69.
Sorry for the late reply, just wanted to let you know that printrbot is offering them in their store for $49 now. They are still shipping kickstarter rewards so it might be a while before the parts come in.

Sincerely,
TEditor
March 17, 2012 11:47AM
PREVIOUS LINKS ARE ALSO QUITE CHEAP:

[www.reprapturkiye.com]

[www.emakershop.com]
March 20, 2012 05:44AM
pikelo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PREVIOUS LINKS ARE ALSO QUITE CHEAP:
>
> [www.reprapturkiye.com]
> ntrbot-full-kit/
>
> [www.emakershop.com]

The pictures in both links looks like calculated renderings rathers than pictures of real actual printed parts. While it's ok for your own site, I'm not sure emakershop allows that ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login