Looking for a custom parts print - Location:Chicago, Il.
July 29, 2014 01:20PM
Hello everyone,

I am very close to the end of my design for a customized delta printer, and just figured out that my original source for printing parts will not work as they have a time limit for the machine use. I am creating a larger build machine, so I have some large parts that might take some time to print. Definitely longer than the time limits they have in place.

Is there anyone out there willing to print some parts for me at least the really large ones (ideally all of them)? I would like to get this done as affordably as possible, but quickly, as I would like to get my rep rap made before the school semester starts back up.

I should have my part designs done over the next couple days. I could send a sample of the largest part though, for reference. It is not complete, but you could get an idea of the size and complexity. Also, know that it will fit on the bed of a replicator2 as that was the machine that i originally had designed to print it on.

So with all this said, i would love to get in touch with someone close to Chicago so that the shipping time is shorter. However, I think over all, as long as you are in the US this should work.

OH, one more thing! I will definitely pay it forward. Once my machine is ready I will keep an eye on this forum and make sure to help someone else out with a parts print!

Thanks for reading!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2014 01:22PM by cream.
Re: Looking for a custom parts print - Location:Chicago, Il.
July 29, 2014 04:06PM
You can always have a look at 3D Hubs. We should have quite some locals in Chicago that would be able to print the parts for you:

http://www.3dhubs.com/3dprint?hf[data][location][search]=Chicago%2C%20IL%2C%20USA&hf[data][location][lat]=41.8781136&hf[data][location][lon]=-87.62979819999998&hf[data][location][radius]=250

Please let me know if there's anything can help you with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2014 04:07PM by 3dhubs.
Re: Looking for a custom parts print - Location:Chicago, Il.
July 30, 2014 12:24AM
3dhubs
You can always have a look at 3D Hubs. We should have quite some locals in Chicago that would be able to print the parts for you:

http://www.3dhubs.com/3dprint?hf[data][location][search]=Chicago%2C%20IL%2C%20USA&hf[data][location][lat]=41.8781136&hf[data][location][lon]=-87.62979819999998&hf[data][location][radius]=250

Please let me know if there's anything can help you with.

Thanks for the link, I did not know about this resource and it is great to know that i can contact some locals for these services, especially for some of the more unique materials, like resin. However, the price per part is a little out of range for me. The cheapest I was able to get on of my bottom vertices printed for was 114$ and i need 3 of them, plus the top ones which are less tall but i assume would still be up there. I would rather redesign or start with a smaller repstrap before spending all that cash...

Either way, i guess that means i am still looking if anyone is willing to do the print for me more on the level of supplies plus a little extra for the trouble.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login