Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

M8 Hobbed Bolt Supplier?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
M8 Hobbed Bolt Supplier?
February 23, 2015 06:07PM
Hi all,

I'm looking for someone or a small business owner who can make some hobbed bolts for me. I prefer the groove to be at or around 26mm from the bottom of the bolt's head. I know I can make these my self but I would rather have a prefossional who has the right equipment and tools to do it for me and get a nice quality each and every time. I've been searching all over the net and although I found some vendors who can offer me a very competitive price, they are all from China... =) For now, I prefer to deal with someone in the US, so if there are issues, it can be handled much quicker.

If you can or do make these hobbed bolts and are from the US, would you kindly give me a quote of how much per piece including shipping, you would charge? I initially want to start with an order of 20. This will give me the chance to "test" out the bolts and if all goes well, I would have no problem purchasing by quantities of 50 - 100 at a time. Thanks so much and I sure hope to hear from someone and possibly have an ongoing business collaboration with you.

P.S.
Feel free to send me a quote here or via private message. Thanks.

Romel
Re: M8 Hobbed Bolt Supplier?
March 17, 2015 02:01PM
Romel, are you still looking?

I am a retired Mechanical Engineer with a small number of metalworking machines at home. Not sure I'd be interested in the larger quantities, but would be happy make a few for your testing.

Do you have .DXF drawings?
Anonymous User
Re: M8 Hobbed Bolt Supplier?
March 17, 2015 04:13PM
Hi there, and thanks for the reply. We did find a vendor here in the U.S. and so far so good with them.... =) The only down side is that it is at nearly $4.00 for each bolt. We would like to bring the price down a bit, and so we are currently trying to get a deal to see if ordering a larger quantity will help. How much do you think you'll be willing to charge for each bolt? I do not have any drawings or anything like that, but there's articles about them in the RepRap forums and Wiki pages on how others have been doing it. Sorry =)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login