Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Test Parts

Posted by JohnE 
Test Parts
June 22, 2011 07:23AM
Good day I would like to purchase a Prusa Mendel Kit.

Before i do i would like to take a look at some parts
made using the machine.

If anyone would like to manufacture some parts for me
can you please PM me with a price. I have attached an
example model split in two to fit the 200mm X 200mm
platform.

Thanks!
Attachments:
open | download - Tractor Hook.STL (100.8 KB)
open | download - Tractor Hook part 2.STL (36.5 KB)
Re: Test Parts
June 24, 2011 04:36PM
Those bits dont look like they go together. do you want them printed with their mirrors?. Is this for lost plastic casting? i.e. what infill would you require?
June 27, 2011 04:34AM
They connect together to form a hook used when towing with a tractor (just longer than 200 so i split them in half). For now I am just looking for an example part to get an idea of the capability of the machine and weather it will work for me (so i dont need the mirror half, just one side is ok). I will be using the parts for producing sand moulds for metal casting. I intend to make multiple cavity moulds by making resin copies from the plastic parts. Would you be interested in making a demo part for me?

Thanks
July 10, 2011 02:27PM
I am willing to make some testprints for you - and could also supply you with the printed parts for your printer. PM me if you are interested so we can discuss the price. I print in clear PLA - which dissolves without leaving much residue in the form. You could use the printed parts like foam in lost foam casting. The build area of my repstrap is roughly 240x240x260 mm (x+y+z) so you probably wont have to split your prints.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login