Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle Selection

Posted by jairoma01 
Nozzle Selection
November 17, 2011 01:33AM
On my understanding the nozzle diameter it is a balance between the growing speed (per layer) and the level of desired detail. Yes, I am a beginner and I am trying to figure out how to do the correct selection for building my first Prusa. Do you have any documentation about the best practices in order to select the best size according to the required application?.
Anyway the nozzle does not look as a interchangeable part without the rest of the hot end.
I read that it is better begin with the bigger one 0.5mm; and just after doing some good jobs with that, test the smaller ones 0.35mm and 0.25mm. And they say that it is more difficult start with the smaller ones. It sound obvious because it is easier melt through a bigger hole. But that it is not related with the printing goal itself.
I have also a similar doubt about of the diameter of the filament (3mm or 1.75mm) that implies to change the extruder kit also? How to select it?
Sorry for my English (it is not my first language)
Re: Nozzle Selection
November 17, 2011 10:59AM
You might get more answers if you post in the Reprappers forum also.

I think it is better to start with a larger nozzle. It is easier to learn how to calibrate. I learned with a 0.35 nozzle.

The best filament diameter may depend on which extruder you choose.

Welcome to the community.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 10:59AM by Dale Dunn.
Re: Nozzle Selection
November 17, 2011 06:04PM
Thanks smiling bouncing smiley

You are right. I did not use the correct forum. I am also novice on that it was my first try.
Now I posted it in Reprappers and in the root also. I hope that won't be considered SPAM. confused smiley. But I do not know how delete it from here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 06:13PM by jairoma01.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login