Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Designer & Engineer

Posted by aweseriffic 
Designer & Engineer
November 26, 2010 08:03AM
Hi Everyone,

You guessed it, I am a designer and engineer.
With over 30 years experience in Tool & Product design.

Based in the UK here is a brief history of my experience.

5 year mechanical engineering apprenticeship
10 years toolmaking, injection moulds, press tools, jigs.
5 years tool design engineer
10 + years product design.
Qualified to HNC Mech eng.
Main design package - Autodesk Inventor 2011

Let me know if I can be of any help.
Re: Designer & Engineer
January 31, 2011 12:00PM
Hi, I’m semi-retired and living in Cyprus. Before committing a lot of time to a Mendel project I’d like some info and a live demo of CAD, tool paths, post processing, output of gcode and printing. I need to know the limitations of 3d printing with a Reprap system. I’ll be in the UK at the end of Feb with a day or two to spare and a little cash for expert time smiling smiley thanks
January 31, 2011 01:01PM
Then you should post this in the appropriate United Kingdom RepRap User Group.
Pick the group closest to where you will be and I am sure you can arrange to get together with someone for a demo and a chat.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
MG
August 16, 2011 11:04PM
bbqsmoke,

I have a project that you might be able to assist me with, I am in New York.

MG
jli
August 22, 2011 08:47PM
HI aweseriffc

where are you based in the uk?
November 17, 2011 04:29AM
I am neither a designer or engineer. I just like to make things happen the right way in both ends of design. In the end I am just a geek that found this group and is VERY interested. I started as a job shop machinist and now.. I just want a job... and this group seems to be the place. lol.

In all honesty, in this economy I am in, I see the very few options to make something happen but when I seen the RepRap project I said "That is SWEET!" I found it while teaching myself HeeksCAD/CAM which works great with this project from what I understand besides myself being an open source fan for years.

My question (and also a curiosity of mine) is where do the new people introduce themselves and get set on the right pathway? Show me that yellow brick road please...

Thanks,
-J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2011 04:46AM by cr4ck3r.
November 17, 2011 11:40PM
I guess I am going to end up pathing my own yellow brick road.

How much traffic do you all get? sad smiley

I can machine all my parts to do what I need to do but others talk about buying a kit and also then the makerbot as being the mother which seems to have derived from this project. I'd just like some info... or at least where to go to find an active community.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login