Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folding portable 3D printer

Posted by mbhassan 
Folding portable 3D printer
May 02, 2012 01:03PM
Hi all, this is my first post here so I'll start by introducing myself

My name is Muhammad Badr, I'm a mechatronic system engineer and I'm currently doing a PhD in robotics in Sheffield Hallam University

I'm posting about this in all relevant fourms, I hope that wouldn't annoy anyone

I've designed a new 3D printer and launched an IndieGoGo campaing about it, please take a look and tell me what you think, it's still a work in progress and any feedback is much appreciated

photos and videos in the link

[www.indiegogo.com]
Re: Folding portable 3D printer
May 02, 2012 01:33PM
You never show it unfolded or printing? I think this will hold your campaign back from reaching its goal.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 02, 2012 02:16PM
well, it's not printing yet, I'm launching this campaign because I'm short on funds, I wouldn't have any spare money to spend on testing until about the 28th of May, so I though if people are interested maybe I can raise some money to speed things up

there is a video in the gallery section showing it unfolding to about half way up

thanks for your feedback
May 02, 2012 02:45PM
I like how it only unfolds enough to to print the object so it only takes up as much height as the object being printed. Good luck and I hope you are able to complete it.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 07, 2012 03:06AM
Go and setup a Kickstarter project, and ask for funding/sponsorship like that. You might recoup your expenses, and make some sales contacts.

[www.kickstarter.com]
May 07, 2012 09:54AM
Kickstarter is US only, I live in UK
July 04, 2012 11:24PM
Did you ever get your foldable printer going?
July 06, 2012 02:53AM
No news, you can check his blog if you want to keep in touch : [the-diyer-diary.blogspot.com]

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
July 06, 2012 09:35AM
I didn't got to test the modified designs yet, I'm still waiting for some essential parts to arrive

nothing new on the blog for now, but hopefully I should be able to put the new prototype together early next week and maybe post something when I test it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login