Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Six shooter pencil holder

Posted by mydogjustice 
Six shooter pencil holder
May 25, 2012 06:29AM
Some of you may have already seen it up on Thingiverse, but I'm just too damn proud of this thing! I've always loved teh idea of having an oversized revolver cylinder to sit on the desk and never had a way to realize it. Its been in the back of my mind as a project since I started printing in January. Well, I'm finally starting to figure out Rhino and this is what I'll consider my first "real" model and I'm pretty pleased with the way it all turned out.

Modeled after a S&W 629. The small trans blue one in the picture is exact scale and actually drops right in to the pistol. I supersized it a bit and made a base. I'll be using it for tools at home and pens in the office!

I keep finding myself chasing this "RepRap high". You know, the one you had when you finished the first printer, and then again when you saw it print the first time, (and then when it actually printed correct). Horribly addicting! Well, seeing your own models print is right up there too!

Just thought I'd share and hope you guys enjoy!

JW

Josh

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
//Prusa / RAMPS_1.4 & ATMega_2560 / Slic3r > Pronterface > Marlin / Luck
Attachments:
open | download - photo 1.JPG (125.6 KB)
open | download - photo 2.JPG (118.9 KB)
Re: Six shooter pencil holder
May 25, 2012 09:09PM
Sweet!

- akhlut

Just remember - Iterate, Iterate, Iterate!

[myhomelessmind.blogspot.com]
June 18, 2012 05:47PM
Hey hey, that thing's pretty cool! I'm looking into getting a better computer for 3D modeling. Any suggestions?

Meditation
June 19, 2012 06:21AM
Unless you're getting into some really complex stuff, it doesnt take too terribly much to get into the modeling. Especially if you start with using something like sketchup thats not as resource intensive as some of the full blown CAD programs. You may just need to be a bit more patient waiting for some of the boolean operations or renders winking smiley

It always helps to work with the fastest machine you can afford, but you'll be able to get it done on most machines. I build most of my own PCs, but the one I primarily use for model manipulation is running an i7 @ 4.2GHz (watercooled), 24GB RAM, twin GTX560 cards, and 4 - 1TB drives (sata6) running in a RAID config. Its way overkill for most people (and usually most of what I do), but PCs are just another hobby for me so I tend to build overkill.

HTH

Josh

Josh

//Prusa / RAMPS_1.4 & ATMega_2560 / Slic3r > Pronterface > Marlin / Luck
May 16, 2014 07:20PM
overkill like a mother!

im running amd 8350 black edition, asus sabertooth 990fx, gigabyte R9 270x and a 120gb kingston ssd for programs. Im thinking this should be plenty, any opinions?

Like alex im just getting into 3d modelling and also 3D printing smiling smiley just ordered my kit today feeling pretty friken excited
May 16, 2014 07:20PM
also love the six shooter pencil holder, could do with something like that myself, my desk is a mess
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login