Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

non-stick flying spam

Posted by glyn 
non-stick flying spam
June 12, 2012 07:16AM
What happens if you set your bed temperature too low!

mess
Re: non-stick flying spam
July 04, 2012 11:21PM
Probably something similar to not having a heated bed at all, just not as pronounced.

The heated bed is to get over an issue that happens with differential cooling between the plastic and bed. The 'lower layers' cool off much faster and can warp an entire base if the bed is not heated. This seems to be more pronounced with ABS than PLA.

The warping seems to not be much of an issue when printing ABS, if you can get several layers (5 to 10 or so) printed without warping. Then you can turn off the heated build platforms heater, without generating problems, because the plastic that was heated has already slowly cooled and gotten several layers 'above' to make it stronger before the heat goes off.

At least that is my current understanding.
July 05, 2012 04:00AM
Parts tend to come off or the corners lift if you turn the bed off before the end of the build. This is because the bottom of the part cools and contracts a lot more than the bed contracts.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
July 05, 2012 09:39AM
Even worse you object may come loose from the bed if you turn the heated bed off, I know it will if you are using PLA!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
July 06, 2012 09:39AM
mmmm, I've a feeling that he wasn't asking
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login