Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Place to put "Look what I made"

Posted by andrewupandabout 
Place to put "Look what I made"
October 08, 2012 09:51PM
Hey all,

Building out a possible "3D Printing Showcase Site". I'm in need of content so I'm wondering if anyone wants to showcase their machine, cool prints, exotic builds, old parts they want to sell, and so on. I'm wanting the site to be a place that is easily searchable of photos, ideas, machines, jobs, etc and only for 3D printing.

If anyone has interest and/or is finding that building out a personal website is reducing their 3D printing/hacking time please contact at your convenience. (Contacting me will be a great way for me to verify you and give codes and such to have tons of content for whatever you want.)

Thanks for your time,

Andrew
www.3DHacker.com
Re: Place to put "Look what I made"
January 25, 2013 05:59AM
Hi Andrew,
I would be interested in show casing my new design that was derived from the Prusa Air2. The only thing that is Prusa Air2 is the fact that I have used an acrylic frame of similar shape, everything else is home designed and home made. The main parts are powder coated aluminium, Z nuts are hand machined on a lathe, linear bearings throughout. Many additional extras to make life comfortable while printing etc.
My intention is to get a group going in my local area so we can all help each other with design, building and using.
January 25, 2013 11:10AM
Hi Regpye,

Sounds really cool. Another guy just uploaded an acrylic frame bot. Please register on www.3dhacker.com and I will see it and remove the Anti-Spam Verification so you can upload whatever you would like.

Also, I will feature your Prusa Air2 so it stays at the top for everyone to see.

Best,

Andrew
January 25, 2013 06:39PM
Thanks Andrew,
That will be great.
I have actually named the new machine as a Prusa Air Genie as it is so different from a standard Air2.
I will be taking some photos and video during the next few weeks.
So you think that details of the features would be best in still shots?

Cheers,
Reg
May 05, 2013 11:22AM
Take a good look at thingtracker. I think it is an excellent idea.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login