Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Custom RepRap Machine

Posted by N16k 
My Custom RepRap Machine
February 18, 2013 08:58AM
Not sure if this is in the correct place, please move if so.
Anyway, before Christmas I decided i wanted a reprap after wanting one for a while.
As I like well built solid things I didnt really like most of the home make repraps so decided to design an build my own.
So ordered the reprap mendel parts and went about designing a new frame and parts an this is how it turned out smiling smiley
what do you think?
Only problem ive found so far as ive only started making parts is how do you set it up so it prints supports for parts?
Here are some pics anyway, let me know what you think.
few pics of it being built:

final pics: (the corners have now got plastic corners fitted)

Re: My Custom RepRap Machine
February 18, 2013 04:58PM
You will get non-linear motion with your x belt setup. Also, the tension on your belt will vary with the position of your x carriage. The belt should be horizontal from the mounting point on the carriage to the idler and to the motor pulley to avoid these problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2013 05:00PM by Greg Frost.
February 19, 2013 04:34AM
Neat printer. Is the cabinet to keep the dust out, or noise or is it to control the temperature inside?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
February 19, 2013 05:02AM
The cabinet was to keep the dust out really as it was going to be located in a workshop, but can also be there to keep the temp inside a bit more stable.
Also that X axis was on the list of improvements as I have been told that already lol, cheers for mentioning it though, shouldnt be too hard to get right smiling smiley
February 19, 2013 05:42AM
I'm working on a RepRap Pro and I was also thinking about building a case for it. I think yours is very fantastic.
I have some questions that I would appreciate that you answer:

- What type of wood do you use on the base? MDF? What thickness? No humidity problems?
- Why did you leave the two top motors outside? Ventilation?
- Can you move it without losing calibration?
- What are the dimensions? Are those sufficient for a normal RepRap Pro with the multicolor kit?
- The walls are made from glass or acrylic? What thickness?

Thanks.

Regards.
Pedro.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/2013 01:54PM by psilva.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login