Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I "slightly" modified my cofee table spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by olegodo 
I "slightly" modified my cofee table spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
August 20, 2013 05:30PM
Have spent quite some time on this. Love my Mendel 90 dibond printer from Nophead!

Video of modified ikea table.
Re: I "slightly" modified my cofee table spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
August 20, 2013 05:54PM
Re: I "slightly" modified my cofee table spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
August 22, 2013 10:47AM
Absolutely a top notch artistic project! impressive.
August 22, 2013 02:58PM
Awesome work, bookmarked as if I ever finish the projects I'm already doing I'd love something like that. Top notch work. Something to be really proud of.
August 25, 2013 08:33PM
That is incredible. thumbs up

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
August 25, 2013 11:05PM
Very impressed and a little envious.

Well Done
August 27, 2013 05:38AM
Thank you all smiling smiley
August 28, 2013 12:06AM
That's awesome! I have to start playing with big gears like that when I get my printer's settings dialed.

Next: Figure out a way to make the table clean itself when you spill stuff on it winking smiley
August 29, 2013 06:10PM
Beautiful.
October 10, 2013 01:00AM
Good work, looks awesome.
October 11, 2013 10:51PM
I love it. Nice job!
October 13, 2013 10:54AM
Nice project, especially the Geneva Stop Mechanism.cool smiley
November 08, 2013 07:12AM
This is truly inspirational, I have Inventor and a Mendel 90 and to be honest I hadn't even touched on this level of creativity. I feel completely in awe of your design work my friend! I had thought about modding my coffee table with an LED matrix but this makes that project seem like childs play.

I think this is something I could enjoy printing and building and would love to give this a go. Just a few quick questions, is there a source of information you used to get idea's on your cogs? Were there any limitations that you had to consider when choosing certain cogs / mechanisms? What sort of motor / mounting arrangement did you use?

Cheers!
November 09, 2013 09:56AM
nice work I must say. Can i ask I one motor drives them all or you have multiple motors?
November 11, 2013 10:03AM
I don't have that skill, but I would have added LED lighting around the inside edges allowing constantly changing light patterns/colors.

Great job!
November 11, 2013 04:33PM
OMG...... This is Awesome.....very nice....

For some boring moments.....just look at the table...winking smiley
November 12, 2013 07:20AM
Looks awesome...

My only criticism is that the nuts are visible and are slightly ugly compared to the gears, flip them around (or cover them) and it will look perfect!

Great job.... where are the files....?? :p
January 02, 2014 04:39PM
Fantastic thumbs up

are the stl's on thingiverse? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Limited Edition Red RS Ormerod 1 #144 of 200 - RRP 1.09fw
iamburnys Ormerod Upgrades Github
Follow me on ThingiVerse My Designs
January 23, 2014 01:54AM
Nice, I second the Q on source files! I'd love to try this on a bit of a smaller scale.
January 23, 2014 01:55AM
Traveltrousers
Looks awesome...

My only criticism is that the nuts are visible and are slightly ugly compared to the gears, flip them around (or cover them) and it will look perfect!

Great job.... where are the files....?? :p

Disagree, looks good. Adds subtle visual variety with out being distracting.
January 24, 2014 02:18PM
Awesome piece of art!
If you plan to do something more with this kind of mechanism i would suggest looking in "kinetic sculptures" like this [www.youtube.com] (btw i think this video's soundtrack sucks compare to yours) or this [www.youtube.com]. The idea is putting counter-rotating gears with similar fancy patters one on top of the other, this gives a nice eye-catching effect , imo a couple of them would fit really well in your table with your slow rotating speed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2014 02:21PM by Zazza.
February 05, 2014 11:03AM
Very good design
March 11, 2014 04:44AM
Slightly amazing, good work. Hope to see more from you in the future.
March 16, 2014 06:26AM
it's amazing!!
March 25, 2014 03:24AM
Wow, this is really nice work!
I wish i could build one of those, too.
March 27, 2014 04:14PM
Wow. Just wow.
March 27, 2014 04:59PM
would you mind putting up the stl files?
FRC
May 17, 2014 10:59PM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing
November 28, 2014 12:46PM
I only now stumbled on this.
I love it.

Great interior design.

i second (or third) the motion for obtaining the .STL files :-)

Thomas

www.3daybreaker.blogspot.com

Orca V4.4 rebuild to Ramps with Mk8 and E3D, as well as a Rostock Delta Mini and an OLO in backorder :-)
November 29, 2014 07:12PM
Wow! What an amazing coffee table!

So many gear designs, and those box shaped gears, sweeet! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login