Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TRex Shower Head!

Posted by isonoob 
TRex Shower Head!
June 11, 2014 09:17PM

Not designed by me, file can be found here:
[www.thingiverse.com]

13-14 hour print using my RepRap MendelMax 1.5, sliced and printed using Simplify3D Software. .15mm layer height, support structures on, 3mm PLA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2014 09:18PM by isonoob.
Attachments:
open | download - trexhead.jpg (139.7 KB)
Re: TRex Shower Head!
June 11, 2014 09:34PM
Another S3D user, I'm not alone in this world.
That's amazing, I just might print this for my family a city over. I know one of them would love it.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 11, 2014 09:40PM
No you're not alone! It seems more and more users are popping up here and there. How do you like S3D? IMO, it's great, the slicing speed is just amazing. I used to be really against printing supported prints, but now I'm not as worried since the supports are really good with S3D.

just FYI, the trex showerhead is a LOOOOONG print lol, but it works amazingly well. just put some teflon tape around the threads (like you would anyways if you got a new shower head) and it screws on nicely.
June 11, 2014 09:46PM
Same situation. Used to Slic3r, and I've got a self-built beast that always loads first in MMO's like League of Legends, so I know I had untapped power. The original Yoda sliced in 12 seconds. Never again, Slic3r, never again.
I too was against supports. I want good looking prints, but after S3D, I've made prints that use supports for ~80% of the print and don't feel bad about it. I still use Repetier Host, though. S3D does lack simplicity and ease in it's GUI.

Noted and expected. I've made a large, complex print or two, so I know what to expect and have my own process for resume jammed/power outed/computer crash prints.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
June 19, 2014 05:58AM
Whoa! I thought it was real. Though you took long hours to print that but the result is awesome. First time to see trex shower head.
July 07, 2014 10:28AM
So I got around to making it. 17-18 hour print, somehow didn't jam even though I used the pro filament, which the E3D v5 hotend doesn't like. I've got my v6 on the way to solve that. 0.2mm layer height, sliced with Simplify3D [those supports, minus the ones inside the nozzle part, were no problem to remove]. Printed on heavily modified Solidoodle 3. Pro PLA gold from MatterHackers. Printed slow and steady as I wanted no mistakes in the middle of the print.
Came out not too bad, largest, longest print I've ever done.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 10:33AM by MrDoctorDIV.

July 10, 2014 05:52PM
MrDoctorDIV
So I got around to making it. 17-18 hour print, somehow didn't jam even though I used the pro filament, which the E3D v5 hotend doesn't like. I've got my v6 on the way to solve that. 0.2mm layer height, sliced with Simplify3D [those supports, minus the ones inside the nozzle part, were no problem to remove]. Printed on heavily modified Solidoodle 3. Pro PLA gold from MatterHackers. Printed slow and steady as I wanted no mistakes in the middle of the print.
Came out not too bad, largest, longest print I've ever done.
[attachment 36120 DSC_0059S.JPG]
[attachment 36121 DSC_0061S.JPG]
[attachment 36122 DSC_0063S.JPG]

that's amazing! Another one out in the willd, looks liek it turned out great!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login