Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Wood-Effect" added to print

Posted by MrDoctorDIV 
"Wood-Effect" added to print
August 20, 2014 07:17PM
Testing my print post-processing in the way of adding a wood effect. Heavy effect on top, light effect on sides. I originally messed it up, but it seems to have come out okay. I'll definitely be taking my time and doing it right for products. I only aligned the "grains" on this one, next time I'm going to try and give it a real depth of effect by making it fuzzy in the rear and front, as though it has wood fibers, not just indentions that go in the same direction. A good first real attempt.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
Re: "Wood-Effect" added to print
September 05, 2014 08:04AM
Looks great, how did you managed to do that?
September 05, 2014 04:22PM
Currently trade secret. I came upon the idea when I almost got into another field of self doing projects. Try doing other projects that require you to think and be resourceful, don't skip leg day, doing other things that don't seem related tend to help what you really want to do.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
October 16, 2014 07:37PM
Keep brushing on acetone to a print and eventually the outer layer gets really soft and takes impressions from the brush or exaggerates layers lines/inclusions. I found this by accident and actually find them unattractive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 07:37PM by MrBaz.
October 16, 2014 11:28PM
Using a fine abrasive paper first and then made some scratches with a rough one, after that a little bit of vaporize ?

Chri

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2014 11:28PM by Chri.

[chrisu02.wordpress.com] Quadmax Intel Delid Tools
November 08, 2014 11:53AM
Very nice work there.
It really look like a wood block.

Interesting, using acetone to make wood like feeling.

BotFeeder - Professional Manufactured 3D Filament
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login