Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CNC machine MaduixaCNC

Posted by bcndynamics 
CNC machine MaduixaCNC
August 31, 2015 01:39PM
Hello,

we have developed an open source CNC machine of 3 axis. We call it MaduixaCNC. Now it is released under GPL and we have published some details in the reprap website. I hope the reprap community wants to improve it!

The link at the reprap website: [reprap.org]

Source codes of 3D printed parts are published in github. We used openscad and FreeCAD to develop it. There is also a 3D model of the entire machine for easy assembling. Also, we have writed an assembling manual also downloadable in the website.

I'll be waiting for your opinions

Regards,
Emili Sapena - BCN Dynamics
Attachments:
open | download - maduixacnc001.jpg (276.4 KB)
open | download - MaduixaCNC-white-p.png (74.5 KB)
Re: CNC machine MaduixaCNC
September 16, 2015 03:29AM
For me - as layman at least -, this design looks pretty nice. Are there any videos or such which show a functional copy of it? I'd be interested in what one can do with it. :-)
September 16, 2015 04:36AM
yes, check these videos:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]

We used the machine also with a dremel but we don't have videos yet.

More info: [bcndynamics.com]
(tab videos)

Regards
October 14, 2015 10:56PM
Congrats on the build. I also designed and built my own cnc machine so I always love to see other custom builds.

I don't like what looks to be zip ties on the X axis linear rods. I would think that you could have created another piece that goes over the rod end to prevent or reduce movement of the rod end. I think the sip the stuff works fine on non contact applications like printers but not on milling machines.

What kind of depths and feed rates are you achieving and in which materials?

Otherwise good looking machine.
Do you intend to sell lots? Of so, for how much?
October 15, 2015 10:19AM
Hi DRobs86, thanks for your comments.

I agree the ties for X axis rods are not the best holders for it. But we didn't want to make more changes at the end of the development and the machine works so well for the jobs we tried it. Anyway these are simple printeable models that can be easily redesigned.

We are selling kits in our website: [bcndynamics.com]

Regards,
October 15, 2015 10:03PM
Cool. Best of luck to you guys. I would be interested to know how it goes for you guys selling this. I have so many ideas for machine designs that I really would like to start selling. I have one built and another in the works but both are really too big to sell and ship.

Anyway.. Sorry to hijack your thread. I do have another suggestion for you. I know that you are trying to advertise the machine as being versatile enough to run any tool, but you are calling it a CNC which at least in the US people equate with a milling machine. Because of this, I think you should ship it with an arduino Uno and a grbl shield. The most widely used hobby cnc software is grbl which is designed to run on the Uno. There is a Mega 2560 grbl fork, but the grbl maintainer targets the Uno.
October 16, 2015 04:47AM
Hi again,

thanks for your feedback! We are selling enough kits, we feel happy about that smiling smiley

We tested arduino uno + arduino cnc shield (compatible grbl shield) but the problem was the grbl firmware. You need to crosscompile it to work in an arduino. We can do it, but we thought that it would be complicated for many clients. Anyway we could prepare a kit version with these electronics for clients that know how to do that.

We didn't include the tool in our kit because there are many different tools, with different features and prices. We are plannig to have a kit including the tool we chose, in addition to the existing one.

Regards,
October 29, 2015 09:32AM
I looked at the manual, but it's in Spanish. Is there an English version ou there? Looks really good though - Good Job!
December 07, 2015 07:10AM
Not bad! A 3D printed PCB CNC drill is definitely on my to-do list. smiling smiley
Best regards,
Bobby
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login