Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printed enclosure for Arduino project + Blender Animation

Posted by notionSD 
Printed enclosure for Arduino project + Blender Animation
December 23, 2015 11:08PM
Finally finished this project and I am really happy how it turned out.
I spent allot of time modeling everything in Blender. My new gadget is easy to program and satisfying to watch it work.
The video features Blender animation, 3D printing, board fabrication, project assembly & final demonstration.

[www.youtube.com]

My YouTube Channel
My Project Playlist
Download Blender
Re: Printed enclosure for Arduino project + Blender Animation
February 06, 2016 10:45AM
spechless . Thats art. i ve just watched the whole video. It is perfect in every aspect.
February 09, 2016 11:53PM
Thanks allot for those kind words. Glad you liked it.

My YouTube Channel
My Project Playlist
Download Blender
February 13, 2016 07:08PM
Quite a show of technical prowess! Watched the full video so that I can learn some of your tricks smiling smiley

BTW being quite new to the game I wanted to ask - what kind of thermo isolator do you have on your hot end?
And which hotend/printer model is that? Is that PLA printing?

Also, some online CNC shops in London say the prefer files in .3dm (I wanted to have thick sheet for an Ultimaker style printer machined of 3mm or 5mm aluminium)
Do you have any idea what tool I could use to author them?
Preferable open-source

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2016 07:28PM by atagunov.
February 13, 2016 10:51PM
It is a Printrbot Simple Metal...everything except the psu is original. yes, pla.

My YouTube Channel
My Project Playlist
Download Blender
February 14, 2016 07:55AM
OK I see. BTW could I also please pick your mind re design software? I am still planning to order some 2d parts from an online CNC shop and those I looked at seem to prefer .3dm file (Rhino?.. whatever that is). Do you have much experience here? You mention Blender in the video but I am not sure if that would be the right tool for 2d shapes. I personally tried FreeCAD and was ok with it but it doesn't produce 3dm files..
February 14, 2016 11:28AM
I would not know, sorry....this would be the best place to get the info you need...
[www.cnczone.com]

My YouTube Channel
My Project Playlist
Download Blender
February 22, 2016 12:59AM
atagunov
OK I see. BTW could I also please pick your mind re design software? I am still planning to order some 2d parts from an online CNC shop and those I looked at seem to prefer .3dm file (Rhino?.. whatever that is). Do you have much experience here? You mention Blender in the video but I am not sure if that would be the right tool for 2d shapes. I personally tried FreeCAD and was ok with it but it doesn't produce 3dm files..

I use Rhino 3d and it's default file is 3dm. You should check their site and some youtube vids. It's very user friendly. I self taught and love it. There is a free trial version.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login