Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I thought this would be impossible

Posted by deckingman 
I thought this would be impossible
November 16, 2016 01:19PM
I thought I'd make a tool rack\holder\thingy to go on one of the horizontal members of my printer frame. The trouble was, it really needed to be printed on it's end and I wanted it about 300mm long (high). I honestly thought it would fall off the bed after about 100mm if I was lucky, and I'd end up making 3 or 4 short ones. I used a 3mm brim to give it it's best chance. Here is a little 2 minute video of the last few layers.

[drive.google.com]

I guess that's a testament to 3DLAC on glass (60 deg C first layer, 50 thereafter). PLA at 195 degC, 0.5mm nozzle, O.3mm layer height.
Re: I thought this would be impossible
November 16, 2016 01:29PM
video is not working

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 16, 2016 01:47PM
Video seems to work O.K. on Chrome but weird/not working of Firefox
November 16, 2016 02:03PM
That is weird. I rendered it as an MP4, and put it on my google drive the created that shareable link. I can play it on my desktop from google drive no problem but it doesn't work for me on this page using Firefox. Any suggestions? Shall I try wmv or some such?
November 16, 2016 02:29PM
Testing - herewith wmv version

[drive.google.com]

Edit. Doesn't work on Firefox either. Seems to need some sort of addon but it will allow download. Maybe it's time I signed up to Youtube..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2016 02:33PM by deckingman.
November 16, 2016 03:12PM
OK. So I've dragged myself into the 21st century and created a you tube channel. Here is the video [youtu.be]

If this doesn't work, I think I give up.
November 16, 2016 04:43PM
Watched the WMV version OK. Thoroughly impressed!
November 16, 2016 06:29PM
I'm impressed too!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
November 16, 2016 06:37PM
Nice! That would be nearly impossible if the bed moved in the Y axis instead of Z...

Ultra MegaMax Dominator 3D printer: [drmrehorst.blogspot.com]
November 17, 2016 03:45AM
the_digital_dentist
Nice! That would be nearly impossible if the bed moved in the Y axis instead of Z...

Praise indeed - thanks Mark, and yes if the bed moved in Y, I'm sure it would have fallen off long before the end.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login