Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Y axis problem

Posted by zurferjoe 
Y axis problem
March 10, 2017 06:27AM
Hi RR people , getting on with my Ford V8 manifold all looking good and then bam !! The Y axis has decided to move forward every layer everytime .I have reloaded my Simplify 3 D program just incase that was the Problem , but to no avail . Could it be the Arduino and the Marlin program ? Hope someone out there has the answer ,
Re: Y axis problem
March 10, 2017 07:08AM
Whats changed if anything? Was it working properly then all the sudden stopped? Any new firmware uploaded? Is it a new model your trying to print but the others work? Any setting changes?

My initial thought was if nothing has changed and the Y-belt isn't skipping; has the machine been running for hours at a time and works for a while once cooled down?
I've had motor drivers worked to the point of getting too hot and they'd skip steps - a cooling fan over the control board fixed the issue for me.
Re: Y axis problem
March 11, 2017 02:46AM
Buy that man a beer !!! I owe you one Buddy !! Spot on the stepper Motor was shot ,put a new one on and off we go again ,thank you very much .Now I can get back to putting this Thing together , have a great Weekend
Attachments:
open | download - group pic.JPG (90.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login