Automatic Infinite 3D Printer
June 04, 2018 01:00PM
Hey Guys,

For the past year, I have been working on a 3D printer that can automatically eject prints.

Here is a quick demo of the printer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvlzVv26Guw

The 3D printer has an integrated conveyor belt that allows it to mass produce parts. Additionally, the nozzle can be rotated at an angle of 45 deg to provide infinite build volume functionality. There is also a software application that allows users to make print queues.

I realize that their are a lot of technical issues that need to be ironed out smiling smiley But I think it's a cool design worth exploring. I plan on fully documenting the design to help others build a mass production/infinite printer.

If you like, you can check out my documentation here: https://hackaday.io/project/114738-autonomous-infinite-3d-printing-workhorse-3d

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2018 01:40PM by mso797.
Re: Automatic Infinite 3D Printer
June 04, 2018 06:06PM
Really cool!
June 05, 2018 03:19AM
Nice! I like the combination of the conveyer belt and the delta-style XZ mechanism.

What is the conveyor belt made from?

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
July 19, 2018 05:51PM
that`s really nice,is the printing time still high?

[totalmedtech.ca]
August 12, 2018 11:32PM
reminds me of the black belt 3d Printer. [blackbelt-3d.com]
Although you can change from vertical to angled to the bed with yours. And your bead is heated? Great job.
August 29, 2018 07:28AM
Very nice indeed!

I've briefly went through the details over the article at hackaday.
It is very thoughtful of you to make Mk1 for Delta and Mk2 for Cartesian.
Your awesome project got me thinking. In the video I noticed the cartesian printer you have the belt on is a clone i3 (correct me if I am wrong).
Do you think it would be possible to upgrade any Prusa i3 Mk2 derivative with the conveyor belt auto-eject mechanism?
I understood it is a Y-axis replacement in a sense. But what about the Heated bed? Is there one underneath the conveyor? Or did you omit the heated bed in order not to heat the conveyor belt (I presume elastic-rubber derivative?)

Your Mk3, it being a full design from ground up (from scratch), is a Delta again, but I see you are using a yellow-ish transparent film. Is that some form of a Capton tape? I want to believe you are using this heat-resistant material to accommodate the heated bed. As you stated in the opening paragraph of the article you are making a complete design. Me, I am more interested in an upgrade module for my existing printer.

To sum up. I am very interested in your project.
Primarily I am interested in the ability to updated existent cartesian i3 machines, both DIY and on the market.
With heated bed ofcause.

Keep up the good work!

Proud owner and maker of build from scratch FDM 3D printer [forums.reprap.org]
October 03, 2018 06:44PM
Doesn't make any sense to use a rolling bed to move the Y axis during the printing, why not just run a proper delta for printing then just move the belt when print is done. This would reduce complexity, remove the issues of poor print quality or slow printing with large masses moving on Y axis all while reducing the wear on the bed as it is just a "large "belt" making large numbers of small movements quickly (resulting in constant re-calibration) and of course should reduce power consumption as it is not trying to heat a larger bed than you actually want to use that is constantly moving (additional cooling of the bed).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login