Added a Proximity sensor! (LJ12A3-4-Z/BX)
May 17, 2019 12:55PM
Okay, so to deviate from the usual posts about things that I can't get to work. Here's something that I did get to work! smileys with beer (I don't drink btw).

It's this sensor:

Aliexpress link:
[www.aliexpress.com]

In this video it performs the 9-point probe on a self-designed and fabricated aluminium printing bed:
[www.youtube.com]

It all started with a 3Dtouch sensor that only worked 20% of the time, I don't know why but I will try to make new cables for the thing and try it on one of my other projects, the 3Dtouch and me hate each other, let that be clear.

At first the sensor didn't want to do the autolevel (it moved up twice instead of once up and then down), but in contrary to what is said on the web, both Z_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING and Z_MIN_PROBE_ENDSTOP_INVERTING had to be set to 'true' and it all worked.

Sensor is the LJ12A3-4-Z/BX

Installed with the help of this page:
[mertarauh.com]

I chose the solution with the diode and the 10k resistor, with the blue and brown wire connected to 12v of the Aux pin and the black and 'red' wire (red coming from the 10k resistor) to the Z-min endstop VCC and S pins.

The only downside of this sensor is the incredibly short sensing distance, even though it's theoretically impossible for the sensor to bump into the print, it doesn't feel safe. I'll get used to that feeling. Maybe I'll try the 18mm sensor type soon, which should have an 8mm sensing distance (about halved by using an aluminium bed surface as it's harder to detect for the machine, the sensors are rated for detecting metal).

The small sensor holder was connected with a bracket that replaces the 3Dtouch sensor:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2019 12:57PM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login