Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3D-printed Honda HA-420 HondaJet

Posted by carrots 
3D-printed Honda HA-420 HondaJet
July 11, 2019 11:17AM
Hi guys! I just want to share with your my new work.

I need to create a meter-wide model of the Honda HA-420 HondaJet for the sales office. To do this, I had scanned a small original metal model from the HONDA factory. Thus, I had obtained a 3D model in order to increase it proportionally and create a meter-wide model. I had printed parts of the final model on the 3D printer Hercules Strong 2017 and Picaso Designer X. For this I used ABS plastic from REC. I had processed all the seams on the model with solvents and stitched it up with a Myriwell RP100B 3D pen. After that, I processed the model with sandpaper and painted.

Also during the process we put a complete wiring system into the model.

I made a stand for the model on a SolidCraft CNC-6090 milling machine using 25 mm MDF, and then painted it.

What do you think about my work? Any comments?

Re: 3D-printed Honda HA-420 HondaJet
July 12, 2019 02:39AM
I only can say: Awesome!
July 12, 2019 04:46AM
Yes, it looks definitely awesome! I really envy people that can actually finish something. For me it's all about ideas and prototyping, but the joy of actually going all the way and really putting the last finishing touches in place is sadly out of reach for me forever #acceptance thumbs up

I would love to hear more about the process, since I am all about that. You did a great job!

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
July 13, 2019 12:57AM
I'd love to hear more too, especially about the structure of the wings. Are they completely 3D printed? What wall thicknesses did you use?
July 18, 2019 06:45PM
Sweet work!

New browser from the creator of Opera: [vivaldi.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login