Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hexapod Robot

Posted by martinprice2004 
Hexapod Robot
September 16, 2012 03:22PM
Work continues on the Hexapod robot design.

Two legs are assembled and have the firmware to a stage where the legs move on command for a linear gait. I want to check the firmware with two legs first. The Hexatronic HX5010 servos seem to be up to the job, the inner (Coxa) servos hunted a little, but this was solved by incorporating a friction joint which I can adjust using a nyloc nut from below the robot. The Dagu robot controller is working really well and is easily programmed using arduino compatable firmware. All parts printed on a Prusa.

I am going for a modular design, so I can build a hexapod, quadrapod or an octapod should I wish and also switch in and out leg designs.

Its a bit bigger than I thought, about 500mm wide! so should scare the neighbours.

I would like to do some bowden cable legs with the servos in the middle. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Re: Hexapod Robot
September 30, 2012 02:23PM
The robot is now complete. It took its first brief walk this weekend. Video to be uploaded this week.

October 04, 2012 02:07PM
I have just uploaded a video of the robot in action. Models, firmware etc. will be uploaded shortly.

Helium Frog HF08 Hexapod Video
October 05, 2012 09:43PM
models / firmware uploaded. see link below

HF08 robot
November 27, 2012 07:11AM
I think Hexapod Robot is a robot which can do 6 things at one time. But designing it is very difficult.
June 23, 2013 01:18PM
oh.i am so surprised.
September 29, 2013 05:00PM
ben11c Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think Hexapod Robot is a robot which can do 6
> things at one time. But designing it is very
> difficult.

Hexa is greek and stand for 6
Pod is also greek an means "Foot"
So callinga 6-legged robot hexapod is correct but..

the term hexapod is also often asociated with the stewart plattform. Steward Platform / Hexapod

Blogs:
Meine 3D Druck Abenteuer
[3dptb.blogspot.de]
FLSUN Delta Drucker für Deutschland
[flsun-deutschland.blogspot.com]
Books on 3D patents:
[goo.gl] (english)
[www.amazon.de] (deutsch)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login