Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

forum for JHB, SA

Posted by BalanceSeeker 
Re: forum for JHB, SA
January 18, 2013 01:27AM
HI Martin,
Have you been able to find the parts to build your 3D printer in South Africa. I can get things like the Steel rods etc, however I am trying to source the Printed Parts and dont know what board to use.

Could you pls help
Thanks
Vaughan
Kdw
March 06, 2013 02:36AM
Hi SA Peeps.

Our small company is currently building our first reprap prototype.
We are able to print you parts and assist with your construction.
Feel free to email me at k e n n e t h @ f m p .z a .net (remove spaces)

**Repost from Cape town Forum**

Regards

KDW
October 12, 2014 05:28AM
Hi.

I am in need of some advice, my printer was printing fine .but now it just jams been trying to solve the problem for about 4 mounths now even changed to direct drive.but no luck there either. Are there any groups/clubs where guys get together share knowledge in jhb.

Many thanks

Paul
January 25, 2015 12:08PM
munro
Hi.

I am in need of some advice, my printer was printing fine .but now it just jams been trying to solve the problem for about 4 mounths now even changed to direct drive.but no luck there either. Are there any groups/clubs where guys get together share knowledge in jhb.

Many thanks

Paul

Hi, only saw this post now.

What printer do you have, where are you situated etc?
April 03, 2015 01:03PM
Anyone able to print an x carriage part for a desperate new reprap user?
Got my Prusa i3 kit and x carriage is missing.
Soooooo disappointed that I can't finish build!
April 03, 2015 01:07PM
I am in Johannesburg. Will collect.... can supply the stl file and even have the filament.

Thanks Tony
September 19, 2016 11:58AM
Hi all,
I see the last post in this thread was more than a year ago!
What's up? Is there a reprap community in Joburg or not?

I heard about reprap 4-5 years ago and got to understand that whoever got help to have his printer built, had to help others with printing the parts for the next printer. Is that idea still valid?

I'd be very interested in building my own 3d-printer, offering to print the parts for another printer as a first project.

Can anyone help to get this started, maybe with some ideas on the best approach or maybe even the offer to print the parts?
Where is the best place in Joburg to get the rest of the necessary parts for the printer?

Regards
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login