Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone here in Jhb/RSA who have the Ormerod 2 kit?

Posted by BenBB 
Anyone here in Jhb/RSA who have the Ormerod 2 kit?
March 14, 2015 04:54PM
Hi All
I hope someone out there can help me setup the Omerod 2. I'm a total novice at 3d printing, however I am an electronic engineer and l have my own company and have been doing electronic dev. For 20 years... so I'm not all clueless, but why struggle if there are guys who are willing to help smiling smiley))
I bought it from RS at a good price, and thought it was a good place to start with 3d printing,... but boy was I wrong.... the first kit was a waste, they sold me a used kit with parts missing, then I got an exchange. .RS is very helpful, thanx guys...
It to almost a week on and off to assemble the kit, only to find the Duet was faulty, they then replaced it for me. Finally I could get down to the printing or so I thought, 10 hours later and not one successful print, no matter what I tried no success.
1 - The problem is proper calibration, the information is Very sparce on how to do it correctly, no examples but for a few things mentioned on the website.
2 - I can see that the height of the hot nozzle above the print surface is crucial! ! Yet nowhere can I get info on the exact height. .. the nozzle is 0.1mm however setting it to 0.1mm also does not work
3- My logic tells me that the material exruding from the hot nozzle should come out as a continues stream, as the head moves along, at 0.1mm above the bed, however my printer does not want to extrude continues. ... Yet if I use pronterface and tell it to extrude 5mm of materials it does extrude...
4 - Extrude speed, how do you set that, it must obviuosly work together with the speed at which the printer nozzle moves,

That brings me to slic3r... another can of worms smiling smiley there are so many setting that one can only try and see what happens, but obviously the setting must be set correctly for a given design...

I suppose thats' it for now, awaiting some responses from the guys in RSA
Ben

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2015 05:21PM by BenBB.
Re: Anyone here in Jhb/RSA who have the Ormerod 2 kit?
April 09, 2015 10:46AM
BenBB,
Did you come right with the printer?
I have had some good results with an Ormerod 2 that I setup for a friend a month ago.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150318_010713a.jpg (137.5 KB)
April 09, 2015 04:34PM
Hi There
Yes and no, I still need some help, you can send me a PM then I will give you my cell number, or yours please
tx Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 04:34PM by BenBB.
April 10, 2015 11:20AM
Hi BenBB
My login is my e-mail.
Send me a mail and I'll send you my number.
Cheers.
May 03, 2015 04:59AM
I recently built a P3Steel and did some silly mistakes trying to get it to print.

Let us know if you are sorted.

Riaan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login