Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repraper on line store is launch now!

Posted by 3D filamentor 
Repraper on line store is launch now!
March 14, 2012 12:06PM
There is a good news for everyone who want to get low cost solution with reliable good quality products for 3D printer filament and 3D printer parts. A repraper Wal-Mart is coming! Http://www.repraper.com.

Diversity! Quality! Low cost! Speed! Safe! Convenience!

Diversity:
We are diversity in our products. We can provide 3D printer and 3D printer filament. We have 12 colors for PLA 1.75 mm, PLA 3.0 mm, ABS 1.75 mm and ABS 3.0 mm. 200 tons filament maximum capacity per year, 300 sets 3D printer maximum capacity per year.
We are diversity in our service. We can provide you even only 1kg product. We can provide you special requirement for package or other requirement. Furthermore, we can help to sourcing products to you even they are not sold by us.

Quality:
We control the quality through the whole supply chain! Incoming material--->Process control--->Outgoing inspection--->Shipping control---->Customer feedback. The filament precision is 2.9+/-0.1mm and 1.75+/-0.1mm.

Low Cost:
The 3D printer we are selling is lower than 990$ and there is a new type we are on the progress of developing which will lower than 45$.
The filament price is lower than 16$, even for door to door price is less than 25$ which depends on different region.

Speed:
We can guarantee that we will ship the products within 5 days for 3D printer filaments and 20days with 3D printer.
We can guarantee that we will feedback your questions within 24 hours.

Safe:
We are using PayPal payment which is the safe way for buyer.

Convenience:
The website is easy to use. About 5 minutes you can complete the whole process from overview to payment. The details can refer Shopping Preocess.

In a word, “Achieve Win-Win by provide branded product and service to our customer” is our purpose forever.

If you are interest in our products, please do not hesitate to contact me! The future is in your hand.

Simon
Repraper Tech Co., Limited
Http://www.repraper.com
Phone: 00852 53372385
Email: Repraper@hotmail.com
Attachments:
open | download - How to pay with paypal.ppt (186 KB)
open | download - Repraper 3D Printer1.pdf (605.5 KB)
open | download - Filament color.JPG (359.8 KB)
open | download - Inventory.JPG (341.2 KB)
Re: Repraper on line store is launch now!
March 15, 2012 06:32AM
Dear Brad, thanks very much for your correction. You are right, I am not a native engilish speaker. Base on your suggestion, today I launch additional website though I think the name is just a code. This is the new website though it has the same content. Http://www.reprap-walmart.com.
You are a kind person. We need more guys like you to share, ask and help others. If more and more person to do that, then this field will have a promising future. As a return it will reduce the entry barrier because technology will update more frequent and materials will more and more cheap. That will be a virtuous cycle.
For your kindness, I can send you 1kg PLA and 1kg ABS for free. If you want to, please let me know your address and phone number. You can send it through my email repraper@hotmail.com.smileys with beer
March 15, 2012 08:16AM
Hello,

I wanted to do a test buy to find the cost of the shipping, but when I click "add to cart" nothing happens - do I need to register first ?

Also, I am curious about what is that "G4 board" you are selling ? On the photo it looks like an arduino mega clone, but probably this is something else as 200$ is way too expensive for a simple arduino ?

Thank you.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
March 15, 2012 09:13AM
Dear,
Thanks for your questions. I just test the button, they are OK. No need to register first. But if you register as our member ( it is very easy), you will find different price and you can get 100 award points.
You can refer this link for the shopping process. I think maybe it is due to slow internet speed. Or you can let me know which products you want to buy and then I will check it.
As to the G4 board, they are the whole set of Gen 4 electronic parts. In fact our advantage is at material. Should you have questions please contact me through repraper@hotmail.com.smiling smiley
March 27, 2012 08:14AM
Took delivery of 1kg green and 1kg orange 1.75 filament from these guys. My initial observation is that the process temperature somehow needs to be dramatically higher than other PLA filament i've used before (i have to run at 225C nozzle, 100C bed for the 1st layer, then back off to 210C nozzle, 70C bed for the rest of the print). Not because of higher melting point, but not being able to get sufficient first layer adhesion. However, once i work through the initial teething issues, these filament seems to work extremely well. Diameter is very consistant, color is just gorgeous. Here is a picture of an object i've printed with the green filament. http://db.tt/31lOgPXJ and the filament themselves http://db.tt/lgYIw55B. btw, green is actually neon green.

So, first impression, good quality, extremely good pricing. Will do more test prints later on and report back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2012 12:31PM by tommyc.
March 27, 2012 10:26AM
Well, I ordered 8kg of 3mm ABS so we'll see how good the ABS quality is. Hopefully it matches tommyc's first impression of the PLA. I'll update here when it comes in.
Hi there ! I'm a newcomer to the RepRap world and I'm really interested in buying the printer shown in one of the PDFs posted before, but I cannot connect to the website to get more information, neither through the "repraper" link nor through the "walmart" one... Is the website permanently down or will it come back? Thanks !
March 28, 2012 12:52PM
Both links appear to be working for me....
April 03, 2012 10:09PM
Tompi, I hope you can open our website [www.reprap-walmart.com] or [www.repraper.com] now. If you still can not open it, you can write email to me directly. admin@repraper.com.

Tommyc, your artistic work really looks nice and I am glad our products can meet your requirement. For the temperature issue, because our filament is use high quality PLA material that's why its melt point higher than some others. No recycle material make its melt point higher, and diameter more stable and the surface is more smoothly. Should you have questions you can contact me.smileys with beer
April 04, 2012 05:02AM
It would be nice to know what exact kind of PLA / ABS your filament is made of (brand and grade).

Would be a great help to set up our printers accordingly, using technical datasheets.

For instance for PLA, it maybe one of those : [www.natureworksllc.com]

That's something I'd really like all filament makers / sellers would publish.

Thank you.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
April 15, 2012 09:02PM
Ok, I received my ABS filament about a week ago. I ordered 8 different colours (Green, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Silver, Gold, Black and White). There was a mixup in shipping and I ended up with an extra pink roll instead of the green. Simon at Repraper took care of me though so no problem. I'll pick up the green next time to try it out.

The colours are nice and bright. The filament prints nicely enough. I've printed with the Pink, Silver and Black so far, each about 15 meters so far. The Pink is nice and round, with perhaps a 0.03mm variation along the length that I've printed and centred at 2.85mm. The silver and black are both oval instead of round, with up to 0.15mm variation in some cases. More commonly they have 3mm in one direction and 2.9mm in the other. I've set Slic3r to a filament width of 2.95mm and the prints have been good.

Every minute or so when I'm printing I hear a pop from the filament, so it looks like there is some moisture in the ABS. It hasn't affected print quality so no problem for me. I'll likely bake one of the rolls to see if it is moisture causing the popping at some point.

The filament starts melting at around 205C but I've had to print at 230C to avoid jamming. For reference, I print Ultimachine black ABS at 215C. If I print the Repraper ABS at anything under 230C, the filament occasionally stops feeding. I'm still working on figuring out the exact cause of that.

Anyhow, I'm happy with the plastic for sure. The price can't be beat and the quality is good enough that I'll stick with it. I've already been back to his website to see which colours I need to add to my collection. ;-)
April 24, 2012 11:35AM
Anyone received PLA from here? Quality?
April 24, 2012 02:19PM
I have and will post a review soon. But in the mean time I can say the PLA has printed well and I have no complaints.

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
April 25, 2012 08:34PM
I ordered two spools of 3mm filament 1 blue PLA and 1 green ABS. The green ABS looks great, is very round (about 2.8mm) I've only printed one small object with it so far, but it came out looking good.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1495105/repraper%20tests/photoabs.JPG

The PLA is definatley oval roughly 2.64mmx3.14mm, it seems to stay very close to those dimensions. Those dimensions are way out of the spec listed on the repraper site "Filament diameter 3+/-0.10mm Roundness 3+/-0.08mm". I've printed a few hours worth of it with my Makergear .35 hotend and it's been working great (after some flow rate tuning). The color is much more blue than purple.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1495105/repraper%20tests/photo%201.JPG

I have noticed some people getting their plastic on thin spools, mine came on a smaller 'fat' spool. I dont know if that means it was sourced from some place else? Either way so far I'm happy with the purchase even though the PLA is oval. I will probably buy more from here soon.

Finally I'd put one more vote in that you should adjust the name of the site. Repraper REALLY sounds awful, reprapper.com would be 10000% better.

--Emery

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2012 07:59PM by E_Roth_3.
April 25, 2012 11:18PM
My review is available on the RepRap wiki suppliers review page.

PLA from RepRap-walmart (repraper)

Date: 25, April 2012

Quantity ordered:

1kg Black, 3mm

1kg Green, 3mm

Filament average measurement: 2.95

Ordered shape: round

received shape: round

Pros:

Extrudes at expected temperatures 185c - 210c
Wide color selection
High availability of stock
Clean extrusion, have not found air pockets or contaminates
Much more flexible than 4043D PLA (thought it may have been ABS)

Cons: None yet!

Bottom line:

I'm happy with this plastic and will buy again.

Sublime

FFF Settings Calculator Gcode post processors Geometric Object Deposition Tool Blog
Tantillus.org Mini Printable Lathe How NOT to install a Pololu driver
May 06, 2012 08:22PM
amramsey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Every minute or so when I'm printing I hear a pop
> from the filament, so it looks like there is some
> moisture in the ABS. It hasn't affected print
> quality so no problem for me. I'll likely bake one
> of the rolls to see if it is moisture causing the
> popping at some point.
>
> The filament starts melting at around 205C but
> I've had to print at 230C to avoid jamming. For
> reference, I print Ultimachine black ABS at 215C.
> If I print the Repraper ABS at anything under
> 230C, the filament occasionally stops feeding. I'm
> still working on figuring out the exact cause of
> that.

Well, a few weeks on and I figured that I'd give an update. I've since discovered that counting on a precomputed thermister table was wrong-wrong-wrong! Spent a bit of time this weekend with a thermocouple redoing all my temperature tables and it has made a huge difference! My previous values were all off by as much as 15 degrees at 200C!

I'm now running my Repraper ABS rolls at 220C (measured at the front of the heater block on an Arcol V3) and it extrudes like a dream. No popping, no jamming. I've run about 40 meters of blue, white, black, and purple so far over the last two days and all is good.

I've since added green and purple to my collection since my last post. The green is a nice lime green and the purple is a deep dark purple. Very nice.

I see that glow-in-the-dark colours have been added to the Repraper website... might have to give those a shot also.
May 10, 2012 12:16PM
In case anybody is having trouble getting 1st layer to stick when printing with Repraper PLA, here is what i do to get them to stick to the print surface.

1.) Glass is a no-no, so far i can't get the pla to stick to glass yet.
2.) Printing them on heated kapton works well. Not sure about blue masking tape because i don't use them.
3.) On the first layer, I have to print at a very slow speed, my 1st layer perimeter speed is 17mm/s, infill is 50mm/s. Going any faster, and the lines won't stick to the build surface. From layer 2 and on, you can print as fast as your machine would allow, i use 170mm/s infill.
4.) First layer needs to print HOT. I am currently using 220C hotend temp when on 1st layer, form layer 2 and on, i back off to 187C.
5.) HBP set at 70C for the 1st layer, back off to 60C form layer 2 on.
May 15, 2012 12:46AM
I ordered 2kg to the uk a week ago, and it is not marked as dispatched yet, how long should I be waiting until I get my plastic?
May 15, 2012 03:53AM
Dear James, I am sorry for the confusion, your products have been shipped out on May 10 and suppose it can be arrived before May 18. The tracking number is 899168572411, you can search it through http://www.fedex.com/Tracking, now it is arrived at STANSTED GB. Should you have questions pls contact me.

Dear Repraper customers,
First of all, thanks very much for your support to our products. I will continue product good product with valued products to you. Here I also hope all of you can write some tips on how to use our filament well. I think this will help others to print. Thanks very much!

Tommyc,
Thanks very much for your sharing. I am appreciate you.smiling smiley
May 15, 2012 04:37AM
Good to hear smiling smiley it'd be good though if your website showed correct statuses, or at least stated that they could be inaccurate though. I look forward to trying the plastic out, I'll leave my thoughts here when I get it.
May 15, 2012 12:41PM
Got my plastic today, I've only tried the pink pla so far, but here are my thoughts:

Colour - much more vibrant than the photos on the website - the site would do well to get some really good photos.
Cost - Very good, it cost me £40 for 2kg of pla delivered, the cheapest I've seen.
Spools - Sturdy, 15cm diameter, small enough to sit on top of a prusa easily.
Ease of printing - compared to faberdashery, the first layer is a great deal harder to get right. Printing on masking tape at 60 degrees C I have needed to level my bed very well, whereas faberdashery prints perfectly on top. The plastic doesn't seem to flow quite so well, to get good bases I have had to slow the first layer to less than 2/3rds of my old speed. After that, no problems.
Print quality - Seems to be excellent if the first layer is ok.
Other - if hot plastic is left in the nozzle after a print is done for a while, on extruding out comes a tiny puff of smoke, and some whitened molten pla. I've never seen this before, but it seems harmless. If I try lowering temps, the extruded plastic becomes too springy and does not print well.

Overall, I'm very happy with the plastic, it is not as good as faberdashery, but with the lower price better value for me. I would only hesitate to recommend it as a first batch of plastic for the new reprapper because it is a little more fiddly to get the settings just right. That might have just been me hoping to use my old settings to some extent however.

May 15, 2012 01:22PM
Getting there with the settings...

May 16, 2012 10:30PM
James,
I am glad that you have received our filament. Here I also want to say "Thank you" for your sharing your print tips on how to use our filament. It really help entry level guys to use our filament well.smileys with beer
May 16, 2012 10:39PM
no problem, here's another: (pink and blue from repraper, cream from faberdashery)

from [www.thingiverse.com]
May 17, 2012 07:24AM
After testing the filament and thinking its really good from quality/price view, we decided to sell it in europe, should be easier for some to get it then.

[fabber-parts.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2012 07:25AM by metzench.
May 17, 2012 06:44PM
The blue pla is nice too, I'm printing at 225C with a desk fan blasting at the bed, which is at 60C. This is with (mm/s):

perimeters 60
infill 150
travel 130
bottom layer speed ratio 0.3

May 18, 2012 12:23AM
Not sure why my pictures aren't scaling nicely, here are the same pulleys printed at 0.05mm layer heights:
With this plastic, you need to drop the first layer scaling to 0.1 to get any plastic sticking to the bed - adds a minute or so because the first layer takes ages, but works great afterwards.

May 18, 2012 03:18AM
Hi James,

thanks for sharing these pictures. Your prints look really nice.

---
Christian Metzen

1.75mm / 3mm ABS & PLA Filament
[fabber-parts.de]
ip3
July 12, 2012 05:38PM
I just ordered two spools and was a little bothered with the way you take addresses. there was only one line to place (street name, building number, apartment number, city name, state name, and zip code) for usa buyers. i hope all will ship fine, if so i will be ordering a ton(figuratively specking) of materials...
August 24, 2012 09:15AM
Ordered a black and silver roll of 3mm ABS. Both rolls are riddled with air bubbles and utterly useless. Attempted contacting them through their messaging system 2 weeks ago and no response. My recommendation is to stay away from this vendor.
Attachments:
open | download - 2012-08-11_15-53-47_712.jpg (67.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login