Posted by foton 
Mendel printed parts for sale
March 18, 2010 03:57PM
Set of Mendel plastic printed parts up for aution on ebay
These parts have been cast from polyurethane
Bellow is an image of a Mendel printer made with parts from this mold
check the listing for all the details.

[cgi.ebay.ie]

Edited 10 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2010 04:33AM by foton.
Re: Mendel printed parts for sale
March 18, 2010 10:18PM
can you post a picture of the completed Mendel that you built with the cast parts?

How fast can you produce these parts. There is a big demand out there, if you can supply it you should be able to make quite a bit of cash.

Kevin

Always use the right tool for the job, and the right tool for every job is a hammer.
Note - the above is not true but some days it feels like it's true.

[kevins3dprinter.blogspot.com]
March 18, 2010 10:21PM
also,it would help if whoever bought that first set today could post something to the forum to confirm the quality.

Kevin

Always use the right tool for the job, and the right tool for every job is a hammer.
Note - the above is not true but some days it feels like it's true.

[kevins3dprinter.blogspot.com]
March 19, 2010 03:13PM
Hi Kevin

Below is a picture of the Mendel printer Made from these parts you were asking for. Haven´t got all the electronics in yet but all the plastic parts are there, i´m very
happy with how they have performed so far. They are not perfect and the assembly dose take a bit more time and effort using cast parts instead of printed one, but the end result is pretty much the same, as far as i can tell(you just need to be semi-proficient in D.I.Y. have a drill with a 3,5 and 8mm drill bit, a Stanley knife is useful and a some patience).

As to the amount i can produce. I am aware of the demand for them, or i should say
lack of supply at the moment so I´m going to start tying to make a set available
every day at lease for the next couple of weeks. Problem is i´m quite busy with
other projects at the moment, so what i was hoping is that someone else will pick up on the
idea and start create a steady supply of them. I´ve posted an image of how
they are made bellow, it not very difficult, if any one is interested in doing this
feel free to contact me and i´ll give you the full scoop on it, but like i said i should be
able to suply about ten or so before the end of the month all going well. I´ll put them
up for auction on ebay as before(so I will not be taking orders), this is the best way i can think of for doing it.
I sent the first set off today and asked the buyer to post feed back as soon as possible.

Ok think that´s everything
Yall be good now.

joss

IMG_0172

IMG_0178

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 03:17PM by foton.
March 19, 2010 06:34PM
Great stuff!

Your machine looks great. I take it that you used a friend's set to make the molds since you are building your own from the molded parts.

I missed out on the first set you listed but I will continue to bid on your upcoming auctions and hopefully will manage to win one. From 10 sets you look to make several thousand Euros - good for you. It's the first one to market that wins out in the capitalist system.

Thanks for doing this.
March 19, 2010 10:16PM
What material are you using to make you molds? That information would help greatly. Thanks much!
March 20, 2010 05:52AM
Hi Jeremyl

I used a product called Vinamold to make the mold, i have found it very well suited,
you can reuse it by just melting it down.
You need about six or seven kgs of it to make the full mold, so it takes quite a while to mell and pore it all, but the material is not expensive, if you live in the UK or Ireland here is a recommended supplier of it(on eBay).

[cgi.ebay.ie]

Any thing else let me know

regards Joss
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login