Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Laser cut Mendel Pieces. anyone interested?

Posted by sweaving 
Laser cut Mendel Pieces. anyone interested?
April 13, 2010 12:01PM
Hi all
I am going to be placeing an order for all the mendel sheet pieces from my local laser cutters, i would like to order a good batch size to try and keep cost low, these will be made from 5mm clear acrilic, any one interested? im in the UK by the way.

Thanks
Steve
Re: Laser cut Mendel Pieces. anyone interested?
April 19, 2010 02:52PM
Try crossposting in the UK RepRap User Group as well.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 19, 2010 03:51PM
Im interested . But i came from Germany is the a problem ? How much do you mean do it cost ?
April 19, 2010 07:36PM
You may have problems with the bearing mounts made from acrylic, since the design (If it is the one I think you are useing) relies on the "spring" characteristics of the wood to keep tension on the bearings to the bar. Acrylic is too brittle and I doubt if it will work correctly,
April 20, 2010 08:11AM
hello kymberlyaandrus,

what did you mean? Sweaving would only make the sheets for the electronic and so out of acrilic not the RP Parts and not the bed.
April 25, 2010 11:02AM
i was going to get the lot cut from clear acrilic, (bed, electronic mounts etc, not any RP parts) i cant realy see a problem with it, unless anyone has actual direct experiance using acrilic thick sheets parts with no luck?? would be good to hear if you do..
Anyway, what ever i get them made from i will be placing an order this week.

i would say inc shipping from UK-Europe £50 for the set of parts, within the UK £42..these are only ball park figures, but shouldnt be a million miles away

Thanks for all the interest.
Steve
May 05, 2010 02:58PM
These are now for sale! i have 5 sets on ebay, for £40 + £10 P&P(UK), or contact me throught the forum and they are yours for £35 + £10 P&P!

sweaving@aol.com

Thanks
Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login