Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[US] ABS Mini-Mendel Set on eBay

Posted by JohnA 
[US] ABS Mini-Mendel Set on eBay
June 03, 2010 11:15AM
MakerBot printed, Mini-Mendel set on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250644061394

Printed on MakerBots 1136 and 1290, all of the larger pieces were printed raftless on a heated build platform for minimal warping. The set consists of 83 pieces from the SVN repo, mostly revision 3596 / 3597. Mixed between black and white ABS.

Only basic cleanup has been done -- some parts will require fitting or more finishing to be used.

More photos on the auction, and even more if you dig through here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jabella/tags/makerbot

There are 8 or 9 pieces included, but not pictured.
Re: [US] ABS Mini-Mendel Set on eBay
June 03, 2010 04:47PM
John, if it is convenient, could you "placemat" some of your parts next time?
[reprap.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
June 03, 2010 07:34PM
sebastien,

if you explain what you mean by 'placemat' then I can probably answer you better. do you mean leaving them on rafts?
June 04, 2010 12:51AM
Placematting

This is an antifraud measure.

1. Write your name on a sheet of paper.
2. Put the part on the sheet of paper.
3. Take the photo.

This way we know that the seller is not a scammer using your photographs in order to sell boxes of rocks rather than Mendel Parts. (A scammer attempted this once.)

via: [reprap.org]

smiling smiley

This way, next time, it will be immediately obvious that you're not a scammer. This time, I had to take a minute or two to look at your flickr feed.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
June 09, 2010 11:14PM
This sold tonight. I'll have another set (all black ABS, all printed on heated build platforms) by Monday evening.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login