Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

repRappers in Pennsylvania

Posted by maitri982 
repRappers in Pennsylvania
February 04, 2010 12:54PM
i would like to meet some fellow RepRappers here in the states. I have not built one, but plan on building a mendel soon. It would be good to have a group of people to meet with. i am in York Pa...so i am close to maryland as well.

my email is kcramer -at- sapiosciences.com

Best,
kevin
Re: repRappers in Pennsylvania
February 13, 2010 07:12PM
Howdy,

Just watched a YouTube video last night about Mendel and I was like Wow! Too bad I'm not mechanical, electrical, or technical.....but I have always had a curiosity with them and currently plan to learn to solder etc.

I currently work in IT Helpdesk.

Maybe someday I'll learn enough to build one and we can get together.

I'm currently in State College PA but know where York is. I graduated from Millersville and lived in Lancaster for a bit in the early 90's (showing my age now!)

Scott
February 13, 2010 08:18PM
It's not hard. Actually most of these printers can be made if you can put together an ikea desk, and solder two wires together.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
February 13, 2010 11:49PM
Great! Now I just have to research the best place to get the parts in the US.
February 13, 2010 11:55PM
Here are your local RUGs. If you don't see one, let me know and I'll make you a forum/mailing list.

[dev.forums.reprap.org]

Good luck!

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
February 14, 2010 12:19AM
Hi! I don't have a RepRap yet, but I have a MakerBot and I'm working on printing parts for a Mendel. I'm in Reading, PA.

- Tony Buser
February 14, 2010 09:57AM
Sebastien,

I don't see a RUG for Pennsylvania, so maybe you can set one up?

Thanks!

Hi Tony, I'm just starting out in this fascinating world so I have a lot to learn and catch up on.

Scott
February 14, 2010 09:32PM
Done. I may move it to "RUG Folder/United States Folder/East Coast Folder" when that seems provident.

Good luck!

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login