Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makerslide available at Inventables

Posted by Mkouri 
Makerslide available at Inventables
May 25, 2012 06:46PM
Looks like Inventables is taking orders again for Makerslide, with 6 week lead time. Unlike last time, there's no minimum orders before they start the factory.

[www.inventables.com]
Re: Makerslide available at Inventables
May 25, 2012 07:58PM
I just got my order verification from the order I placed earlier, during the opening campaign. sad smiley I want my slides!

be patient wildBill
patient ....
May 25, 2012 08:51PM
WildBill, I know it's tough, but it's worth the wait. I hope you also ordered the V-wheels. I've built several of the original Sells Mendels, a MendelMax and Bart Dring's ORD bot, and I have to say that the ORD went together the easiest with the least adjustment, and the Makerslide is awesome. I'm finishing up a way oversized one (350mm cubed print area) that will become my primary print-lots-of-stuff-at-a-time machine.

I too got into the opening campaign on Inventables and have several meters coming. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it, but whatever I do I know it'll be stiff, straight, and will slide like butter on a hot plate.
Hey Everyone,

My name is Zach Kaplan and I'm the CEO of Inventables. We just got word that the original shipment of MakerSlide is back from the anodizer and will be on a truck to our warehouse next week. We originally promised MakerSlide shipments would go out on June 7th but at this point we estimate that MakerSlide shipments will go out on June 4th.

We had a few bumps in the road this time including the fact that a new die had to be made because the old one broke and the fact that the USPS would not allow us to ship MakerSlide to certain countries due to the size of the box required. The new die was manufactured so we are good to go on that front but we are still trying to figure out an economical solution to be able to ship internationally.

We intend to stock MakerSlide for same day or next day shipping in the future. When we got confirmation that the parts came back from the anodizer and look good we turned on the product without a pre-order so people could place their orders here:
[www.inventables.com]

Our intention that after this next run we should be able to time the production runs to never be out of stock.

If you have further questions or concerns please let us know.
May 27, 2012 06:40PM
How about the other makerslide related parts, such as the smooth idler kits, v-groove wheel, etc?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login