Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maximus XL 3D printer

Posted by seca4all 
Maximus XL 3D printer
August 07, 2014 05:56AM
Hello everyone
After having set up a I3 Prusa, a Kossel delta and a Mendelmax 2 .. I have decided to start from zero and create a printer by myself .

Despite his great plateau, j 'was a bit limited in size by my Mendelmax 2, my priority on this new machine is to have a very large printing surface.
The advantage of this machine is that it is fully "scalable",
I went on a cube 500x500x500 with a print area of about the 400 x L 350 x H350 (size defined by the size of a bed that I had on hand).
The advantage of using this type of construction is that you can build a machine the size you need (No worries if you want to make x1m 1m x 1m ... except the printing time ...)
some pictures :

Here , you can see that i added a raspberry pi to control my Printer

Re: Maximus XL 3D printer
August 07, 2014 08:09AM
Very interesting design, great looking printer. I'm interested in the speeds and accelerations that you're able to achieve with the entire z-axis moving around.
August 07, 2014 10:24AM
i reduced the acceleration from 3000 to 1800 (because of the z axis length) and i print at a speed of 70 mm/s
, on big parts i think you can print at higher speed.
for small parts i reduce the speed at 30 mm/s.
August 07, 2014 07:02PM
Nice build.
August 07, 2014 08:35PM
I've been looking at V-slot (which it looks like you're using) to do something similar (whenever I finally get around to building a printer ... ). Though, I want closer to 500mm in one axis, but the other measurements are more than sufficient for my needs. I was planning to go with a Z bed and XY head though - but with the right size extrusion it looks like an XYZ head is working fine for you.
August 08, 2014 01:25AM
Yes , it works fine , the only important things to do is to slow down acceleration parameters otherwise , tere is too much vibration
August 08, 2014 01:41PM
I recommend V-Slot, I do not, sadly, recommend how seca went about the Z-axis. It has very limited pros and may work well for him, but it is by no means a general use design in my opinion. Way too much extention, as seca stated there is too much vibration. Your speeds and quality [from low acceleration] will be greatly reduced along with ghosting from the access weight it's throwing around. It does make bed alignment easy as he has set up. That Z-axis can make all the moves it wants just fine. Large Z-lifts for avoiding part collisions and scrapings.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
August 08, 2014 05:49PM
No triangles in the frame means it deflecting a whole lot. Add some crossed flat strip diagonals on all sides and it will be so much stiffer you won't believe the difference!
August 09, 2014 07:32AM
i'm working ont that ;-) , it will be a good modification i think.
But my first priority today is to play with the raspberry camera that i just received winking smiley
A2
August 09, 2014 01:11PM
Heavy duty router style 3d printer.

Custom 3D Printer from RoboShop Inc.
[www.youtube.com]
August 10, 2014 09:19AM
The camera of the Raspberry Pi is in place and operational ...
but i can't see the whole printing area , i 'm going to move my camera to another place ...

Tomorrow i will ad the crossed flat strip diagonals to avoid vibrations
August 14, 2014 05:04AM
i just add a crossed flat strip on the back side of the printer
it is pretty effective.
there is less vibrations now. smiling smiley

[vslot-europe.com]
Forums and Ressources : [mytechno3d.com]
August 23, 2014 08:33AM
Remote printing and video monitoring using octoprint :

printscreen maximus

[vslot-europe.com]
Forums and Ressources : [mytechno3d.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login