Aluminum Profile Based 3D-Printer grinning smiley
August 16, 2014 03:20PM
Hello Guys,

I have been working with T-Slot profiles from long time. so started to make a 3d printer out of it similar to Bukito 3D-Printer.

some pics attached, need your suggestions.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2014 02:27AM by zippys123.
Attachments:
open | download - 2014-08-09 13.46.31.jpg (223.9 KB)
open | download - 2014-08-09 16.08.14.jpg (151.9 KB)
open | download - 2014-08-09 13.46.22.jpg (166.4 KB)
Re: Portable Aluminum Profile Based 3D-Printer grinning smiley
August 17, 2014 06:56PM
I don't understand these "portable" printers

You take them camping and set them up next to the Coleman stove?
or
use while climbing above 4K
or
for 3D printing in a japanese apartment?

?????
confused smiley
August 18, 2014 02:25AM
well sorry for the portable hot smiley thing but i need a simple cheap printer like Printrbot to be built that's it.
August 18, 2014 07:11AM
Obviously you have never given a presentation or taught a class with your printer.....
Re: Aluminum Profile Based 3D-Printer grinning smiley
August 18, 2014 11:17AM
I'm just going to stick a big handle on my large printer and carry around on my back. That's portable, right?

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
August 18, 2014 01:30PM
well it looks people are clearly hating portable printers, but the idea here is to use Aluminum Profiles as stable structure and linear system. and its under 3Kgs (6.6 lbs)

its inspired by printrbot and bukito 3d-printers.
August 18, 2014 01:57PM
Not at all hating on it, sorry if that's how you took my comment. A portable printer is one of my planned builds. A foldable delta.

Realizer- One who realizes dreams by making them a reality either by possibility or by completion. Also creating or renewing hopes of dreams.
"keep in mind, even the best printer can not print with the best filament if the user is the problem." -Ohmarinus
August 18, 2014 03:52PM
well MrDoctorDIV i didn't take it other-wayspinning smiley sticking its tongue out. but even i feel portability is not good for 3d-printers, where stability while printing is main concern.

i made this printers from scratch for some schools where teachers needed it to be moved to each and every classroom for printing. as i had worked with some printers before moving a printer was difficult. so my team's only need was to build a Simple, sturdy printer which is just that of average laptops weight.
October 20, 2014 02:17PM
I like your design. I would be interested in your progress this far.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2014 02:18PM by NOVAprint.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login