Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After Wheels Delrin

Posted by redozqld 
After Wheels Delrin
February 17, 2016 06:45PM
Howdy All,

I am looking for wheels in this size (or a bit bigger, but not smaller), I am going to be making up some changes to an existing design, and maybe even build one in the future (waay off in the future) I am looking to find the wheels, or something better.

[www.alibaba.com] -- This is the Correct Dimensions.. (31OD/8mm Inside with a 608ZZ Press Fit Bearing(need 8mm Bore))

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

------------------------------------------------------------
Another day in Paradise
------------------------------------------------------------
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_9875.JPG (106.8 KB)
open | download - IMG_9876.JPG (91 KB)
Re: After Wheels Delrin
February 18, 2016 02:58AM
There are some metal wheel in this shape which can be found from some sewing machine.
[www.google.com.hk]
February 18, 2016 03:33AM
Try here [openbuildspartstore.com].

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
February 18, 2016 05:24AM
bunbun
There are some metal wheel in this shape which can be found from some sewing machine.
[www.google.com.hk]

Bugger sad smiley Nearly the right size, but Metal...
February 18, 2016 05:24AM
dc42
Try here [openbuildspartstore.com].

Sadly they are all 5mm bore and to small, been there sad smiley Thanks though...
February 18, 2016 03:01PM
I remember reading on the OpenBuilds site that the V-wheels can not take as much weight as the solid wheels. Whether or not that is a design constraint for a 3D printer depends on the size of the printer. But I would say if the V is not needed for the design, you would be better off with solid wheels like this (doesn't have to be purchased from OpenBuilds):

[openbuildspartstore.com]

Just a thought.

greghoge.com

HUGE 3D PRINTER PARTS SALE!!!
March 10, 2016 03:55PM
Hi guys,

The size correspond at some Hepco dualV wheels.
AFAIK Hepco only produce heavy duty hardened carbon steel wheels and no polymer ones.
It don't use 608 bearings but dual inverted ball path with 90° contact. So the alowed load is much better than 608's.

Just a question, why don't you want steel wheels ? They weight more, but they operate quietly.

++JM

^ Things I said. My thingiverse here. My website there (in french).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login