Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Firmware

Posted by jaguarking11 
Firmware
June 25, 2014 10:20AM
I have gotten to the point in my build where I am completely tearing my hair out trying to compile the marling firmware I obtained from GIT. The problem is that I am using windows 8.1 and the firmware seems to go limp at different areas of compilation without any changes made. It is very weird and I have a feeling it has to do with the packages in my system.

I have a rather large build area, I was just hopping to be able to set auto homing, however that seems to not work at all. At present the end stops are showing up properly triggered. However I have them plugged in the xyz-min pins. Should the be on the max side?

In either case, I think my environment needs to be reconsidered and or updated. Any input on possibly knowing what packages are required for the build? I know marlin relies on some other programming packages.

What does your environment look like? What version packages do you guys use?

Failing this is there other firmware that is adapt to tuning to larger sized than standard and capable of running this printer?

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Re: Firmware
June 25, 2014 04:15PM
I am using Repeiter-Host with Repeiter 0.91 firmware. Not sure if it will work with your printer, however I did have an issue compiling the code. I think the problem had something to do with the final size of the compiled code causing problems. Something along the lines of "if the final file size ends in a 2, fail". Obviously that wasn't the problem, just a simplified example of what I thought was the issue.

To resolve it, I think I had to install an older version of WinAVR (?), then copy some of the files to my Arduino folder, overwriting what was already there. Wish I could offer more help.
Re: Firmware
June 26, 2014 09:52AM
Well it seems like I have jumped the gun on this. The whole mess was an error on my part. My pc running windows 8.1 was going through windows updates which caused some very funky behavior on the arduino software. As of now I have utilised the latest IDE from arduino, but the standalone package and the following software package which seems a few months old but does function. [github.com]

The only strange bug I have encountered in compiling the software seems to be that if I disable the auto leveling it breaks the compilation with errors for certain things not defined. So for the moment I leave the auto leveling function on and soldier on. This puts me a greater ease as I have seen my delta printer home for the very first time last night, it does it wonderfully and with great liquid movement. At this point I have saved the modifications and am now ready to proceed with the next part of the build, which is alongating the rods to my specs and mounting the bed. Which I have made some progress on and will be updating my blog on it shortly. If anyone is interested please take a look at the adventures in cork.

My Personal Blog. Build blog.
[engineerd3d.ddns.net]

Modicum V1 sold on e-bay user jaguarking11
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login