Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New build problems

Posted by murray484 
New build problems
June 17, 2014 10:10PM
Hello,
I just finished building a Rostock. I seem to be having some issues with my electronics/firmware. I am using the richrap firmware (linked here: [github.com]). Is this a good firmware to use?
I am using RAMPS 1.4 electronics.

My first issue is with homing. When I push the auto home button on the printers LCD, it does nothing. You can hear the motors lock up, but there is no movement. Additionally, when I go to the prepare menu and select "move axis", I get weird behaviour. The x and y axes will only move in one direction. If I turn the encoder down, they will move down, but if I turn the encoder up, it does not move. The Z axis works fine both ways. If I use Pronterface on my laptop, they will move both ways. When I use pronterface to move the X and Y axes, the printer will move all three towers to move the head back and forth / left and right. When I use the controls on the printer, x moves one tower, y moves another tower, etc. Is this normal? How do you properly home a Rostock?

I also am having trouble with my extruder motor. It does not seem to respond to commands at all. What could be causing this?

I have attached my configuration.h file.

I'm still really new to this stuff so I really appreciate your help. Let me know if you need anymore info.

Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (22.1 KB)
Re: New build problems
July 03, 2014 11:49PM
I'm doing a new build as well, so i'm no expert, but it sounds like your symptoms are similar to what I was experiencing. I'm building a Kossel, which should be close to a rostock if I remember right.

Have you checked the voltage on your stepper drivers? I think that may be related to the motor moving fine in one direction but not the other.

when Pronterface moves the print head you can expect all 3 motors to work in conjunction to move the effector platform (I think that's the right term) since it has to keep it level through the whole motion. the LCD may be just testing the single motors, I'm not sure. my LCD (Gadgets3d) and RAMPS1.4 using builda3dprinter.eu's firmware mobilizes multiple motors to move the printhead/effector platform.

hope this helps, or that you'd already got it fixed!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login