Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Manual Motor control problem

Posted by josh34 
Manual Motor control problem
July 09, 2014 07:14AM
I have the Sainsmart kit which includes Ramps 1.4 + A4988 + Mega2560 R3 + LCD 12864 3D Printer Controller Kit and more (http://www.sainsmart.com/3d-printing/ramps-1-4-a4988-mega2560-r3-lcd-12864-3d-printer-controller-kit-for-reprap-1.html).

I have assembled and uploaded the marlin firmware. When i try to manually move the motors via Smart controller the motors move in the correct direction but only move a fixed step no matter whether i select it to move 1mm or 10mm. The extruder motor also moves far too much. Im not sure what i have to change in the firmware as im sure its a problem within the software rather than the hardware.

I have attached my configuration.h file.

Help would be much appreciated thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (31.4 KB)
Re: Manual Motor control problem
July 09, 2014 05:34PM
Did you put three jumper pin caps under each stepper driver board to set your micro-stepping? Sainsmart doesn't ship them with their kits, and without them your micro-stepping is set for 1/1 and not 1/16. They also do not sell the A4988 stepper drivers with any semblance of adjustment on the current adjuster potentiometer, so break out your multimeter and set them to 0.4V if your kit also came with their stepper motors.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2014 05:36PM by vreihen.
Re: Manual Motor control problem
July 10, 2014 08:11AM
I see them on the other boards and was wondering if i had to get them on mine, ill have to order them in. Yeah they did.

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login